Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre Approved [Accepted Offer]

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Pre Approved [Accepted Offer]

Is there any reason I shouldn't accept the USAA pre approval for their world mastercard?

I am trying to garden and have a low AAoA and high number of INQs. 

I do not have a mortgage app plan or anything in the near future.

Would I likely get a higher limit with USAA if I wait a bit?

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 1 of 74
73 REPLIES 73
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Pre Aprooved

@Dustink wrote:

Is there any reason I shouldn't accept the USAA pre approval for their world mastercard?

They're generous to give out high CL.  They approved me $14.4K a few years ago. They're sensitive to high utilization. 

Ron.

Message 2 of 74
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Pre Approved

@Ron1 wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

They're generous to give out high CL.  They approved me $14.4K a few years ago. They're sensitive to high utilization. 

Ron.

My utilization is around 5%. I think I am going to go ahead and app. I am a full member, does that help?

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 3 of 74
Dustink
Valued Contributor

The pre approval is for 15.9%. I never plan to carry a balance, but I wonder if doing a new app might result in a lower APR.

Message 4 of 74
chnceit
Valued Contributor

No reason not to apply. I would apply since its your cards to acquire Smiley Wink

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 5 of 74
Ron1
Super Contributor

I didn't get pre-approved a few years ago.  I got approved for $14.4K and the APR is 8.9%.  I am not a full member.  I think it helps to get higher limit and better terms when you're a full member.  They pulled EQ. I think you have a good chance to get the card. I should say go for it.

Ron.

Message 6 of 74
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Alright, thanks for the input. I am going to call them and see if they can offer a better rate.

I have a feeling they may stick to their initial 15.9% because I am so new to credit and have like 20 INQs on EQ.

Message 7 of 74
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

Alright, thanks for the input. I am going to call them and see if they can offer a better rate.

I have a feeling they may stick to their initial 15.9% because I am so new to credit and have like 20 INQs on EQ.

I don't think they will be able to answer your question. The CSR is pretty much clueless.  I think you have a good chance to get the card. 15.9% doesn't matter if you don't plan to carry any balance.

Ron.

Message 8 of 74
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

I don't think they will be able to answer your question. The CSR is pretty much clueless.  I think you have a good chance to get the card. 15.9% doesn't matter if you don't plan to carry any balance.

Ron.

The rep actually sounded knowledgeable. Stated that most likely that is the best rate they will be able to offer since I am so new to credit. He told me the bank is currently closed, so I should wait until monday to apply. He also told me that on monday I can relay my questions to underwriting and see if they can do anything about the rate.

I may look into the rate advantage card, because the rewards on all of their cards aren't that great. So it may just be better to get a no reward card that I can use for low rate cash advances if I ever need it. Most likely I won't need it, so the card will just always be there to keep utilization down. There is no fee for transfers to USAA accounts and the rate is as low as 6.9%. Looks like a good way to have a line of credit sitting around.

Message 9 of 74
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

Ron.

The rep actually sounded knowledgeable. Stated that most likely that is the best rate they will be able to offer since I am so new to credit. He told me the bank is currently closed, so I should wait until monday to apply. He also told me that on monday I can relay my questions to underwriting and see if they can do anything about the rate.

I may look into the rate advantage card, because the rewards on all of their cards aren't that great. So it may just be better to get a no reward card that I can use for low rate cash advances if I ever need it. Most likely I won't need it, so the card will just always be there to keep utilization down. There is no fee for transfers to USAA accounts and the rate is as low as 6.9%. Looks like a good way to have a line of credit sitting around.

I guess it is YMMV thing.  They treated full member differently. Rate Advantage card is a good card to have. 6.9 % is a good rate.  By the way. don't forget to ask for Chip and PIN option if you travel outide of the country a lot.

Ron.

Message 10 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.