Pre Approved [Accepted Offer]

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Pre Approved

USAA AMEX $8,500 @ 17.9%

USAA MC $6,000 @ 15.9% Transfers @ 0%

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 21 of 74
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

I wonder if I can PC to the world at the 6 month mark when I request my 2x CLI -- or if I even should. What makes the world MC so elite?

(please pardon my intrusion on your thread Dustin, I just figured that ny question was relevant to your discussion)

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 22 of 74
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

I wonder if I can PC to the world at the 6 month mark when I request my 2x CLI -- or if I even should. What makes the world MC so elite?

(please pardon my intrusion on your thread Dustin, I just figured that ny question was relevant to your discussion)

No problem.

It actually looks like I did not get the world mastercard. Looks like they approved me for the platinum.

Nothing special about the world MC. Similiar to Visa Sig. Slightly better travel protection ect. 

World elite MC is the special one. It offers some better benefits.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 23 of 74
Ron1
Super Contributor

Congrats!!!! Smiley Happy I knew you could get it.  Wow!!!! I didn't know you were going to apply both of them. I hope that they didn't pull twice.

Ron.

Message 24 of 74
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approvals!!!

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 74
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

No problem.

It actually looks like I did not get the world mastercard. Looks like they approved me for the platinum.

Nothing special about the world MC. Similiar to Visa Sig. Slightly better travel protection ect. 

World elite MC is the special one. It offers some better benefits.

Elite World MC got the silver Mastercard logo in the front of the card. 

Ron.

Message 26 of 74
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

Did they approve Platinum MC with rewards?

Ron.

Message 27 of 74
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Congrats!!!! Smiley Happy I knew you could get it.  Wow!!!! I didn't know you were going to apply both of them. I hope that they didn't pull twice.

Ron.

I figured I'd see if I could get a better rate from an AMEX application. That didn't work out, so I then apped for the MC.

Seems like it worked out pretty well.

Now I will get two 2500 point bonus's and a combined limit of $14,500. That should help keep utilization in check.

Message 28 of 74
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

I figured I'd see if I could get a better rate from an AMEX application. That didn't work out, so I then apped for the MC.

Seems like it worked out pretty well.

Now I will get two 2500 point bonus's and a combined limit of $14,500. That should help keep utilization in check.

I was surprised you got approved within an hour.  I applied World MC first and then applied for Amex one year later.  I got both at 8.9%.  World MC CL is 14.4K and Amex  CL is $20K. Don't forget to ask for Chip and Pin card if you travel outside of the country a lot.

Ron.

Message 29 of 74
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I think USAA just realized what they did. It was back to back apps within a minute of eachother. They both showed approved, $6k & $8,5k. Now when I log into my account I see  the $8.5k available on the AMEX, but $0 available on the MC. Also, the offers section of my account is now blocked...haha

Message 30 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.