Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre Approved [Accepted Offer]

tag
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Re: Pre Approved [Accepted Offer]

Way to go Swapmeet ! See you in the Garden, Yeah  right !

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 61 of 74
dodgeball
Established Contributor

@ron2013 wrote:

is there any reason why you wanna get so much debt?

Its not debt but credit exteneded its only debt if he racks up the credit card sales

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 62 of 74
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@WarJar101 wrote:

@Dustink

If you have full membership for USAA, aren't you eligible for NFCU? Also, could you confirm that US Bank College card can be PC'ed to US Bank Cash + card?

I am already a member of NFCU. I think the rewards they offer are terrible, not that USAA is much better. NFCU's halfway decent card has an AF, do don't really feel like dealing with that. I want to be able to not use the card at times, and that doesn't work if I have an AF.

Yes, the college card can be PC'd. You just have to talk with the right person.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 63 of 74
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

@WarJar101 wrote:

@Dustink

If you have full membership for USAA, aren't you eligible for NFCU? Also, could you confirm that US Bank College card can be PC'ed to US Bank Cash + card?

No, War. I wish. NFCU is a lot more strict about who can join. I have explored every angle that I can think of to get in with NFCU and so far, no go.

I can't think of any way a full USAA member wouldn't be allowed to join NFCU.

Full membership at USAA is more difficult than NFCU membership.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 64 of 74
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@ron2013 wrote:

So I can file for BK....duh

Message 65 of 74
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@dodgeball wrote:

@ron2013 wrote:

Its not debt but credit extended its only debt if he racks up the credit card sales

+1

just a means to keep utilization down

Message 66 of 74
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

@WarJar101 wrote:

@Dustink

No, War. I wish. NFCU is a lot more strict about who can join. I have explored every angle that I can think of to get in with NFCU and so far, no go.

I can't think of any way a full USAA member wouldn't be allowed to join NFCU.

Full membership at USAA is more difficult than NFCU membership.

I am a full member of USAA because I have family members who have had or still have credit or insurance products with them. To be a member of NFCU, I either have to be active in the military, have an active family member, or have a family member who is receiving a retirement from a military branch. None of my family members are active military; none of my family members have ever been a member at NFCU; though I have several family members who have served in the military, none have made a career out of it and are now retired. So, while I am a full member at USAA, I am not eligible at NFCU.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 67 of 74
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I am a full member of USAA because I have family members who have had or still have credit or insurance products with them. To be a member of NFCU, I either have to be active in the military, have an active family member, or have a family member who is receiving a retirement from a military branch. None of my family members are active military; none of my family members have ever been a member at NFCU; though I have several family members who have served in the military, none have made a career out of it and are now retired. So, while I am a full member at USAA, I am not eligible at NFCU.

So none of your grandparents, parents, spouses, siblings, grandchildren, children (including adopted and stepchildren) and household members are eligible for NFCU membership?

Message 68 of 74
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

So none of your grandparents, parents, spouses, siblings, grandchildren, children (including adopted and stepchildren) and household members are eligible for NFCU membership?

Correct, because none of them are active, retired, or have a retired family member. See, the tough part is that they have to be receiving a retirement annuity in order to be eligible.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 69 of 74
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Correct, because none of them are active, retired, or have a retired family member. See, the tough part is that they have to be receiving a retirement annuity in order to be eligible.

Sorry OT, but is that how military retirement works? It is an annuity, so could somebody add to the principle to increase their monthly retirement amount?

Message 70 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.