Valued Contributor
Dustink

Re: Pre Approved

[ Edited ]

USAA AMEX $8,500 @ 17.9%

USAA MC $6,000 @ 15.9% Transfers @ 0%

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Valued Contributor
Swapmeet

I wonder if I can PC to the world at the 6 month mark when I request my 2x CLI -- or if I even should. What makes the world MC so elite?

(please pardon my intrusion on your thread Dustin, I just figured that ny question was relevant to your discussion)

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Valued Contributor
Dustink

Swapmeet wrote:

I wonder if I can PC to the world at the 6 month mark when I request my 2x CLI -- or if I even should. What makes the world MC so elite?

(please pardon my intrusion on your thread Dustin, I just figured that ny question was relevant to your discussion)

No problem.

It actually looks like I did not get the world mastercard. Looks like they approved me for the platinum.

Nothing special about the world MC. Similiar to Visa Sig. Slightly better travel protection ect. 

World elite MC is the special one. It offers some better benefits.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Super Contributor
Ron1

Congrats!!!! :smileyhappy: I knew you could get it.  Wow!!!! I didn't know you were going to apply both of them. I hope that they didn't pull twice.

Ron.

Established Contributor
tennisfan78

Congrats on the approvals!!!

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor
Ron1

Dustink wrote:

Swapmeet wrote:

No problem.

It actually looks like I did not get the world mastercard. Looks like they approved me for the platinum.

Nothing special about the world MC. Similiar to Visa Sig. Slightly better travel protection ect. 

World elite MC is the special one. It offers some better benefits.

Elite World MC got the silver Mastercard logo in the front of the card. 

Ron.

Super Contributor
Ron1

Swapmeet wrote:

Did they approve Platinum MC with rewards?

Ron.

Valued Contributor
Dustink

Ron1 wrote:

Congrats!!!! :smileyhappy: I knew you could get it.  Wow!!!! I didn't know you were going to apply both of them. I hope that they didn't pull twice.

Ron.

I figured I'd see if I could get a better rate from an AMEX application. That didn't work out, so I then apped for the MC.

Seems like it worked out pretty well.

Now I will get two 2500 point bonus's and a combined limit of $14,500. That should help keep utilization in check.

Super Contributor
Ron1

[ Edited ]

Dustink wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

I figured I'd see if I could get a better rate from an AMEX application. That didn't work out, so I then apped for the MC.

Seems like it worked out pretty well.

Now I will get two 2500 point bonus's and a combined limit of $14,500. That should help keep utilization in check.

I was surprised you got approved within an hour.  I applied World MC first and then applied for Amex one year later.  I got both at 8.9%.  World MC CL is 14.4K and Amex  CL is $20K. Don't forget to ask for Chip and Pin card if you travel outside of the country a lot.

Ron.

Valued Contributor
Dustink

I think USAA just realized what they did. It was back to back apps within a minute of eachother. They both showed approved, $6k & $8,5k. Now when I log into my account I see  the $8.5k available on the AMEX, but $0 available on the MC. Also, the offers section of my account is now blocked...haha

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}