Senior Contributor
Ron1

Re: Pre Approved

Dustink wrote:

I think USAA just realized what they did. It was back to back apps within a minute of eachother. They both showed approved, $6k & $8,5k. Now when I log into my account I see  the $8.5k available on the AMEX, but $0 available on the MC. Also, the offers section of my account is now blocked...haha

Sorry to hear. :smileysad: I think they cancelled one of your apps and they let one of them went through. At least you got Amex. 

Ron.

Valued Contributor
Dustink

Ron1 wrote:

Dustink wrote:

I think USAA just realized what they did. It was back to back apps within a minute of eachother. They both showed approved, $6k & $8,5k. Now when I log into my account I see  the $8.5k available on the AMEX, but $0 available on the MC. Also, the offers section of my account is now blocked...haha

Sorry to hear. :smileysad: I think they cancelled one of your apps and they let one of them went through. At least you got Amex. 

Ron.

My thinking as well, I just gave them a call and on their end they still show both accounts being open with the $8,500 and $6,000. So, still a chance that I got both.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    

$14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Valued Contributor
Swapmeet

I apped for the world in November, thinking it was the easier card to get approved for; so I was all excited when I was approved for the platinum card at 4k. Sadly enough, it was/is the highest limit that I have ever gotten (the only other unsecured card I had was my first time in college, in 1998, and it was a student card with a 350 dollar limit -- followed by years and years of bad credit). This is a grand display of my ignorance in the field of credit from when I was a kid, until I found this site. I chose the cash rewards card, but there aren't much rewards -- I think like a quarter of a percent.

My Wallet: WalMart: ||10k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||13k|| Amex Delta Gold: ||2k||; BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k||
Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||7k|| USAA World MC: ||13k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||10.5k||
Barlays Arrival World MC: ||10k||
Fico Scores: EQ 700 (SW),TU 745 (Walmart), EX 738 (myfico) Last app: Arrival World MC 2-1-14
Senior Contributor
Ron1

Dustink wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

Dustink wrote:

Ron.

My thinking as well, I just gave them a call and on their end they still show both accounts being open with the $8,500 and $6,000. So, still a chance that I got both.

I think the system treated the other as the duplicate. They cancelled the second apps. I hope that you get  both of them.  Does the website show both of the accounts on the lineup? 

Ron.

Valued Contributor
Dustink

Swapmeet wrote:

I apped for the world in November, thinking it was the easier card to get approved for; so I was all excited when I was approved for the platinum card at 4k. Sadly enough, it was/is the highest limit that I have ever gotten (the only other unsecured card I had was my first time in college, in 1998, and it was a student card with a 350 dollar limit -- followed by years and years of bad credit). This is a grand display of my ignorance in the field of credit from when I was a kid, until I found this site. I chose the cash rewards card, but there aren't much rewards -- I think like a quarter of a percent.

In a year or so you will have some nice limits and cards.

I just hit my 1 year mark of having a credit score, and am now 21 years old. So, off to a good start and I plan on keeping it that way. I will try my best to avoid baddies. Setting up autopay ect.

$14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Senior Contributor
Ron1

Swapmeet wrote:

Your Platinum card just like my Amex with cash rewards. Most I got was $1.XX. I hate tier rate.

Ron.

Valued Contributor
Dustink

Ron1 wrote:

Dustink wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

Dustink wrote:

Ron.

I think the system treated the other as the duplicate. They cancelled the second apps. I hope that you get  both of them.  Does the website show both of the accounts on the lineup? 

Ron.

Yes, the website shows both accounts. Just does not give a limit for the mastercard. I am just hoping that is to limit cash advances before I even receive the card.

Senior Contributor
Ron1

Dustink wrote:

Swapmeet wrote:

In a year or so you will have some nice limits and cards.

I just hit my 1 year mark of having a credit score, and am now 21 years old. So, off to a good start and I plan on keeping it that way. I will try my best to avoid baddies. Setting up autopay ect.

You have a good collection of credit cards.  You should have applied for US Bank Cash+. I think it is a better card.

Ron.

Valued Contributor
Swapmeet

[ Edited ]

Dustink wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

Dustink wrote:

I think USAA just realized what they did. It was back to back apps within a minute of each other. They both showed approved, $6k & $8,5k. Now when I log into my account I see  the $8.5k available on the AMEX, but $0 available on the MC. Also, the offers section of my account is now blocked...haha

Ron.

That is crazy. Congrats, and I hope that they let you keep both. I apped for the delta skymiles, then BCE 4 days later, and that has resulted in several quirks on the website. I don't have either card yet and only the skymiles shows approved on the site or even shows up in my online account. But I actually talked to someone in the new accounts department who said I was approved for the BCE at 1k CL and 0% apr for x months, then 20% afterwards and that he would expedite the card to me. lol this is why I am so uneasy until I have the cards in my hand...Then the chase thing from my recon thread.

My Wallet: WalMart: ||10k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||13k|| Amex Delta Gold: ||2k||; BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k||
Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||7k|| USAA World MC: ||13k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||10.5k||
Barlays Arrival World MC: ||10k||
Fico Scores: EQ 700 (SW),TU 745 (Walmart), EX 738 (myfico) Last app: Arrival World MC 2-1-14
Valued Contributor
Dustink

You have a good collection of credit cards.  You should have applied for US Bank Cash+. I think it is a better card.

Ron.

US Bank won't approve me until April. I get more credit from them every 6 months. Last time they extended me more credit was October, so I must wait until April for more. At that point I will ask them to PC my college card to the Cash+.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+