Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Super Contributor
Posts: 8,180
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: Pre Approved


Dustink wrote:

I think USAA just realized what they did. It was back to back apps within a minute of eachother. They both showed approved, $6k & $8,5k. Now when I log into my account I see  the $8.5k available on the AMEX, but $0 available on the MC. Also, the offers section of my account is now blocked...haha


Sorry to hear. Smiley Sad I think they cancelled one of your apps and they let one of them went through. At least you got Amex. 

 

 

Ron.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,099
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: Pre Approved


Ron1 wrote:

Dustink wrote:

I think USAA just realized what they did. It was back to back apps within a minute of eachother. They both showed approved, $6k & $8,5k. Now when I log into my account I see  the $8.5k available on the AMEX, but $0 available on the MC. Also, the offers section of my account is now blocked...haha


Sorry to hear. Smiley Sad I think they cancelled one of your apps and they let one of them went through. At least you got Amex. 

 

 

Ron.


My thinking as well, I just gave them a call and on their end they still show both accounts being open with the $8,500 and $6,000. So, still a chance that I got both.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    


     $17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,569
Registered: ‎11-10-2012
0

Re: Pre Approved

I apped for the world in November, thinking it was the easier card to get approved for; so I was all excited when I was approved for the platinum card at 4k. Sadly enough, it was/is the highest limit that I have ever gotten (the only other unsecured card I had was my first time in college, in 1998, and it was a student card with a 350 dollar limit -- followed by years and years of bad credit). This is a grand display of my ignorance in the field of credit from when I was a kid, until I found this site. I chose the cash rewards card, but there aren't much rewards -- I think like a quarter of a percent.



My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Super Contributor
Posts: 8,180
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: Pre Approved


Dustink wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

Dustink wrote:

I think USAA just realized what they did. It was back to back apps within a minute of eachother. They both showed approved, $6k & $8,5k. Now when I log into my account I see  the $8.5k available on the AMEX, but $0 available on the MC. Also, the offers section of my account is now blocked...haha


Sorry to hear. Smiley Sad I think they cancelled one of your apps and they let one of them went through. At least you got Amex. 

 

 

Ron.


My thinking as well, I just gave them a call and on their end they still show both accounts being open with the $8,500 and $6,000. So, still a chance that I got both.


I think the system treated the other as the duplicate. They cancelled the second apps. I hope that you get  both of them.  Does the website show both of the accounts on the lineup? 

 

 

Ron.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,099
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: Pre Approved


Swapmeet wrote:

I apped for the world in November, thinking it was the easier card to get approved for; so I was all excited when I was approved for the platinum card at 4k. Sadly enough, it was/is the highest limit that I have ever gotten (the only other unsecured card I had was my first time in college, in 1998, and it was a student card with a 350 dollar limit -- followed by years and years of bad credit). This is a grand display of my ignorance in the field of credit from when I was a kid, until I found this site. I chose the cash rewards card, but there aren't much rewards -- I think like a quarter of a percent.


In a year or so you will have some nice limits and cards.

 

I just hit my 1 year mark of having a credit score, and am now 21 years old. So, off to a good start and I plan on keeping it that way. I will try my best to avoid baddies. Setting up autopay ect.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    


     $17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Super Contributor
Posts: 8,180
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: Pre Approved


Swapmeet wrote:

I apped for the world in November, thinking it was the easier card to get approved for; so I was all excited when I was approved for the platinum card at 4k. Sadly enough, it was/is the highest limit that I have ever gotten (the only other unsecured card I had was my first time in college, in 1998, and it was a student card with a 350 dollar limit -- followed by years and years of bad credit). This is a grand display of my ignorance in the field of credit from when I was a kid, until I found this site. I chose the cash rewards card, but there aren't much rewards -- I think like a quarter of a percent.


Your Platinum card just like my Amex with cash rewards. Most I got was $1.XX. I hate tier rate.

 

 

Ron.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,099
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: Pre Approved


Ron1 wrote:

Dustink wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

Dustink wrote:

I think USAA just realized what they did. It was back to back apps within a minute of eachother. They both showed approved, $6k & $8,5k. Now when I log into my account I see  the $8.5k available on the AMEX, but $0 available on the MC. Also, the offers section of my account is now blocked...haha


Sorry to hear. Smiley Sad I think they cancelled one of your apps and they let one of them went through. At least you got Amex. 

 

 

Ron.


My thinking as well, I just gave them a call and on their end they still show both accounts being open with the $8,500 and $6,000. So, still a chance that I got both.


I think the system treated the other as the duplicate. They cancelled the second apps. I hope that you get  both of them.  Does the website show both of the accounts on the lineup? 

 

 

Ron.


Yes, the website shows both accounts. Just does not give a limit for the mastercard. I am just hoping that is to limit cash advances before I even receive the card.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    


     $17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Super Contributor
Posts: 8,180
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: Pre Approved


Dustink wrote:

Swapmeet wrote:

I apped for the world in November, thinking it was the easier card to get approved for; so I was all excited when I was approved for the platinum card at 4k. Sadly enough, it was/is the highest limit that I have ever gotten (the only other unsecured card I had was my first time in college, in 1998, and it was a student card with a 350 dollar limit -- followed by years and years of bad credit). This is a grand display of my ignorance in the field of credit from when I was a kid, until I found this site. I chose the cash rewards card, but there aren't much rewards -- I think like a quarter of a percent.


In a year or so you will have some nice limits and cards.

 

I just hit my 1 year mark of having a credit score, and am now 21 years old. So, off to a good start and I plan on keeping it that way. I will try my best to avoid baddies. Setting up autopay ect.


You have a good collection of credit cards.  You should have applied for US Bank Cash+. I think it is a better card.

 

 

Ron.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,569
Registered: ‎11-10-2012
0

Re: Pre Approved

[ Edited ]

Dustink wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

Dustink wrote:

I think USAA just realized what they did. It was back to back apps within a minute of each other. They both showed approved, $6k & $8,5k. Now when I log into my account I see  the $8.5k available on the AMEX, but $0 available on the MC. Also, the offers section of my account is now blocked...haha


Sorry to hear. Smiley Sad I think they cancelled one of your apps and they let one of them went through. At least you got Amex. 

 

 

Ron.


My thinking as well, I just gave them a call and on their end they still show both accounts being open with the $8,500 and $6,000. So, still a chance that I got both.


That is crazy. Congrats, and I hope that they let you keep both. I apped for the delta skymiles, then BCE 4 days later, and that has resulted in several quirks on the website. I don't have either card yet and only the skymiles shows approved on the site or even shows up in my online account. But I actually talked to someone in the new accounts department who said I was approved for the BCE at 1k CL and 0% apr for x months, then 20% afterwards and that he would expedite the card to me. lol this is why I am so uneasy until I have the cards in my hand...Then the chase thing from my recon thread.

 



My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,099
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: Pre Approved



You have a good collection of credit cards.  You should have applied for US Bank Cash+. I think it is a better card.

 

 

Ron.


US Bank won't approve me until April. I get more credit from them every 6 months. Last time they extended me more credit was October, so I must wait until April for more. At that point I will ask them to PC my college card to the Cash+.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    


     $17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.