Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Approved For Hilton Honors Surpass American Express Card

tag
shane82388
Established Contributor

Pre-Approved For Hilton Honors Surpass American Express Card

Ive never heard of this card before, but when I signed in to my AMEX account (I have Green) it said I was preapproved...ive never been preapproved for an AMEX revovler card before. Only preapproved for Gold, Gold Premier Rewards, and Platinum to this point...

While i dont want the card really, this is an exciting sign...it comes at a VERY curious timing as well...my balances are super high from the holiday season. I wouldnt of thought id start getting preapprovals with sky high balances! Weird, right?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
LesWH
Established Contributor

Re: Pre-Approved For Hilton Honors Surpass American Express Card

@shane82388 wrote:

Ive never heard of this card before, but when I signed in to my AMEX account (I have Green) it said I was preapproved...ive never been preapproved for an AMEX revovler card before. Only preapproved for Gold, Gold Premier Rewards, and Platinum to this point...

While i dont want the card really, this is an exciting sign...it comes at a VERY curious timing as well...my balances are super high from the holiday season. I wouldnt of thought id start getting preapprovals with sky high balances! Weird, right?

I just got approved for this card, although I haven't gotten yet.  I like Hilton hotels, especially the Waldorf Astoria in New York City, so I'm hoping to reap big rewards with it! 

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 2 of 16
Ron1
Super Contributor

I just closed mine today because I reached the max no of the card with Amex.  I traded that card to pen Lowe's. I didn't use it at all. I always booked through Travelocity.  I think it is cheaper.  I'm sure it is a good card. They only gave me $2K.

Ron.

Message 3 of 16
shane82388
Established Contributor

Is this the easiest AMEX revolver to get or soemthing? 

Message 4 of 16
Ron1
Super Contributor

I think it is easiest besides Delta SkyMiles.

Ron.

Message 5 of 16
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

What is the maximum number of AMEX cards?

Message 6 of 16
shane82388
Established Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Thats funny how Im pre approved for that one...and its actually the better of the two Hilton ones too...but im not pre approved for the basic Hilton one or the Delta SkyMiles...

Message 7 of 16
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Scuba wrote:

What is the maximum number of AMEX cards?

7 is the max for me. 10 is for someone on this baord. It depends on your credit profile.

Ron.

Message 8 of 16
Ron1
Super Contributor

@shane82388 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Thats funny how Im pre approved for that one...and its actually the better of the two Hilton ones too...but im not pre approved for the basic Hilton one or the Delta SkyMiles...

It doesn't matter. They still HP when you applied except upgrading the card.  I know I'm good for any Amex card. They sent me pre-approved for Platinum Amex. I didn't want it. I have no use for the card. 

Ron.

Message 9 of 16
shane82388
Established Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@shane82388 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

It doesn't matter. They still HP when you applied except upgrading the card.  I know I'm good for any Amex card. They sent me pre-approved for Platinum Amex. I didn't want it. I have no use for the card. 

Ron.

Having a pre-approval for Platinum AMEX means you are good for any AMEX card?

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.