cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Approved Mail offer from Discover, Applied, 5-7 day message?? Approval/Denial?

tag
sonson
Regular Contributor

Pre-Approved Mail offer from Discover, Applied, 5-7 day message?? Approval/Denial?

I'm here for my sister, I've helped her with her credit ever since she got her first CC less than 2 years ago. She gets lots of offers from CC companies wanting her to apply. She has a 756 TU Fako that i know of, She only has 1 CC from Wells Fargo, from 500 CL when she opened, to now with 1700CL. Told her to maybe apply for another card. Chose Discover Student Card, went to the site and inserted the pre-approved code. After applying we got sent to a page saying they would have to review the application and get response in 5-7 days. **Weird thing is that the Discover site had us create a Username and Password??? would this mean a approval? denial? thanks for reading.

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Pre-Approved Mail offer from Discover, Applied, 5-7 day message?? Approval/Denial?

@sonson wrote:

I'm here for my sister, I've helped her with her credit ever since she got her first CC less than 2 years ago. She gets lots of offers from CC companies wanting her to apply. She has a 756 TU Fako that i know of, She only has 1 CC from Wells Fargo, from 500 CL when she opened, to now with 1700CL. Told her to maybe apply for another card. Chose Discover Student Card, went to the site and inserted the pre-approved code. After applying we got sent to a page saying they would have to review the application and get response in 5-7 days. **Weird thing is that the Discover site had us create a Username and Password??? would this mean a approval? denial? thanks for reading.

No real way to know if approved or denied but from past readings it usually ends up with an approval after verification of a few things with Discover. There have been a few denials but very few.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 3
Makin_the_Climb
Established Member

Re: Pre-Approved Mail offer from Discover, Applied, 5-7 day message?? Approval/Denial?

The same thing happened to me on Friday. When I called the 1-800 # they said it was standard procedure since I did the app on line. They want to make sure the person filling out the on line app is the person they say they are. They are trying to stop identity theft.

Starting Score: TU 754 EQ 705 EX 680 (AmEx pull)
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 711 as of Jan 28, 2013 EX 680
Goal Score: 800 across the board with utilization down from 28%

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.