Pre-Approved Offers Flowing Again

tag
SpiceIslander
Frequent Contributor

Re: Pre-Approved Offers Flowing Again

Great job rebuilding! Congrats!

Meg.

FICO: 4/2016 - TU 841 | EQ 840 | EX 837

FNBO 23,600 | Amex SPG 13,900 | Amex BCP 13,400 | Barclays/Sallie Mae13,000 | Discover IT 12,500 | Lowes 10,000 | PLOC 9,300 | NASA FCU 8,700 | Citi Simplicity 6,200 | BOA Platinum+ 6,000 | Achieva CU 5,500 | Chase CSP 5,000 | Sam's Club 3,000 | Sears 900
Message 11 of 18
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

@cmnbachiller wrote:

But I would like to ask how you went from 693 to over 800 in less than 1 year.

Welcome.  As I said in my post, it was from the Chapter 7 falling off the record at the 10-year mark, having responsibly managed my credit ever since the BK.

Message 12 of 18
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

To get your answer you may need to build a time machine, set the dial to 3 months in the past and BLAST OFF!

Good one!

Message 13 of 18
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

@babablue wrote:

lol. He's in the 800 club now, he no longer has need for us peasants Smiley Very Happy

I'm still here, just not as much as I used to be. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 18
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@steve23111 wrote:

I've pretty much got all I want and need, but if a good rewards card comes along to supplement my AMEX BCP, I may just bite.

I've entertained a Discover or another of the rotating category cards to beef up the cash back a bit.  My partner and I share an AMEX (he's an AU on my BCP) and use the cash back to fund "mini vacations" every few months.

steve,

How long after your BK did u get your amex BCP????

It was in February of last year, so that's (counting on my fingers) a little under 9 years after the BK.  I had not attempted to get one prior to that, but did include them in my Chapter 7 in May 2002.

Message 15 of 18
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@steve23111 wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@steve23111 wrote:

I've pretty much got all I want and need, but if a good rewards card comes along to supplement my AMEX BCP, I may just bite.

I've entertained a Discover or another of the rotating category cards to beef up the cash back a bit.  My partner and I share an AMEX (he's an AU on my BCP) and use the cash back to fund "mini vacations" every few months.

steve,

How long after your BK did u get your amex BCP????

It was in February of last year, so that's (counting on my fingers) a little under 9 years after the BK.  I had not attempted to get one prior to that, but did include them in my Chapter 7 in May 2002.

Is that the only amex you have ??     Did you get any prime cards when your BK was hitting the 8 yr mark??

Message 16 of 18
JonStur
Established Contributor

Congrats!!! I know the feeling and it feels terrific...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 17 of 18
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

i know exactly what you feel post....cuzz im feeling the same way man.....

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.