cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Approved Slate and Freedom. What should I do!?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-Approved Slate and Freedom. What should I do!?

Advice is appreciated! I've been messing around with some pre-qual websites and last week I wasnt getting offers on any of them. Today, I did Chase's pre-qual and got pre-qualified for a Slate and Freedom card. I just recently app'd and got approved for a $800 Discover and a $500 Barclays last week. Should I pull the trigger on these cards as well? I lost 9 points in EQ applying for those credit cards but gained 9 points back for a recently paid off blance on one of my credit cards.

My current scores are EQ:638 TU 653 EX 644

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pre-Approved Slate and Freedom. What should I do!?

Go for it!! I got two Chase cards last week on a surprise preapproval! Good luck!

Venture is Cap 1 though...

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Venture is Cap1... Get the freedom card.
Message 3 of 10
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My Ideal card from chase would be a venture card for the air miles, as I would like to travel soon. 

Uhm, Chase doesn't have the Venture card- that's Capital One.

Slate is a balance transfer card, and has no rewards. The only reason to get is if you're planning on parking a large balance on it to pay off over time. Juding by the limits you posted, you probably don't have several thousands of credit card debt. 

Go for the Freedom and get your 5% cash back. Down the road you can apply for the Chase Sapphire Preferred, which is an airline/miles card, and move your Freedom UR Points to it for travel redemption. 

Message 4 of 10
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Chase pre qual is solid. go for Freedom, Slate better for Balance transfers

Message 5 of 10
Pitt570
New Contributor

Chase prequals are pretty solid i have gotten approved for 2 cards in one day before..so i would say do it do it 

PSECU $20k | Navy cash rewards $22K | Navchek $15k | BBVA NBA 4.5K | Discover it $1.5K I Chase CSP $12.5K | Cabelas Visa $1K | Chase Slate $3.5k | Lowes $20k || Paypal SC $2K Home depot $8K |Chase united mileage plus explorer 17K | PenFed Promise 12.5K | PenFedPlatinum 20K | Navy Go rewards $4.5K
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

be careful. if your limits are that low on recent apps then wait for those to grow so you don't get approved for $500 freedom and are stuck with that a long time lol. just my opinion. i have had my $1,500 since 11/11
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
be careful. if your limits are that low on recent apps then wait for those to grow so you don't get approved for $500 freedom and are stuck with that a long time lol. just my opinion. i have had my $1,500 since 11/11

I guess Chase is terrible with CLIs?

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you request one it's always a hard pill and many people report not getting on at all or getting one for like $200-$300, but then they apply for a CSP and get like a $5-$7k limit lol. makes no sense.

they do random soft ones and raise some limits to people, but they haven't done it for me yet. so, take my advice with a grain of salt and understand everyone's situation is different, but what i said is common as well.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Advice is appreciated! I've been messing around with some pre-qual websites and last week I wasnt getting offers on any of them. Today, I did Chase's pre-qual and got pre-qualified for a Slate and Freedom card. I just recently app'd and got approved for a $800 Discover and a $500 Barclays last week. Should I pull the trigger on these cards as well? I lost 9 points in EQ applying for those credit cards but gained 9 points back for a recently paid off blance on one of my credit cards.

My current scores are EQ:638 TU 653 EX 644

Chase pre-equal are pretty solid.  I'd chance it if you really want it.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.