cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre Approved for Amex Business Gold and Platinum?

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Pre Approved for Amex Business Gold and Platinum?

Amex has lost their minds. LOL

I get denied clis on BCE and denied an Amex Hilton HHonors this month, and today I get a Pre Approval for Business Gold in my snail mail and then Pre Approval for Biz Plat when I log into my account...

LOL They must want me to get  a charge card. They are crazy. I do want a Platinum in the future...

oh and on each offer, they are offering  50K points for $5k spend in 90 days LOL....

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Pre Approved for Amex Business Gold and Platinum?

Ha. Looks like that's they're plan Smiley Happy

Haven't positioned myself just yet to enter membership with that popular group, but from the tons of reading threads just like this, it's amusing to me in the way that they are all over the board in the many different surprises they spring on current member and new members alike. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 4
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

You'll get there. Give it a year or two of reading here!! lol

I don't even have a business LOL.... They are weird.

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 4
red259
Super Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

Amex has lost their minds. LOL

I get denied clis on BCE and denied an Amex Hilton HHonors this month, and today I get a Pre Approval for Business Gold in my snail mail and then Pre Approval for Biz Plat when I log into my account...

LOL They must want me to get  a charge card. They are crazy. I do want a Platinum in the future...

oh and on each offer, they are offering  50K points for $5k spend in 90 days LOL....

Chase denied me for a biz card for not a long enough credit history. Then later that same day instant approved me for CSP and a 17k credit line. No real way to ever know how a lender is doing their calculations. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.