Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Approved for Best Buy Rewards Zone MasterCard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-Approved for Best Buy Rewards Zone MasterCard

So I get the invitation in the mail today, and although I said I wasn't going to get any more cards until June, I bit. I went online and entered my information and waited with anticipation for the results...

I was told that I needed to call a 1-800 number to complete my application. Smiley Mad I am assuming it is because I have a security/fraud alert via the CRA's.

So I call the number they told me to call, and there is NO answer. I have to wait until Monday to call. UGH! So I am upset now because I feel like I shouldn't have even bit in the first place. I should've thrown the offer in the trash.

Has this ever happened to anyone? And the strange part about it all, on the same screen that gave me the number to call, it gave me the opportunity to get an additional card for an authorized user??? I thought that might mean I was approved because why would it give me the option to add another card user if I wasn't approved?

Well I guess I have to wait until Monday, and even on Monday, they might say allow 7-10 days to process the application. Ugh! I need not be so impatient.

Any advice or similar experiences? What CRA does Best Buy MasterCard pull from, all 3? And does having a security/fraud alert on your account effect your chances for approval with credit cards?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: Pre-Approved for Best Buy Rewards Zone MasterCard

LMBO,

I just posted about my mail offer received today!
Message 2 of 9
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

HSBC is the issuer, I believe they pull EQ. I don't think you will get a bit on all three, at least now, maybe once Cap One buys the line.
Message 3 of 9
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

BBRZMC IS not a good card unless your rebuilding....its the last resort if you cant get a bby store card...
AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 4 of 9
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

I agree somewhat with that, but it also helps those that love them some BB as they get reward zone points for purchases outside of the store. I may be wrong, but there is different tiers for the card isn't there? Platinum should be a higher tier with no AF and possibly higher CLs, isnt it?
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. Another reason why I wish I hadn't of accepted the daggone offer. Well since I already took the bait and suffered the inquiry hit, I don't have to add insult to injury by accepting the card (if approved) and adding another useless card to my wallet. I am starting to loathe HSBC... What happens if I dont use the card? Will it affect my credit score negatively? I can just never activate it right?

BTW, what makes this a bad card if you don't mind me asking?

Message 6 of 9
Ron1
Super Contributor

It is not a good to have unless they offer you RZMC Platinum.

Ron.

Message 7 of 9
Ron1
Super Contributor

If you have fraud alert, you need to call back to answer  a couple of ID questions.

Ron.

Message 8 of 9
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

I don't have think they have a Platinum version fo the card anymore and I don't think they have a non-AF version of the card anymore either..at least not for new customers, but I could be wrong..just what I was told by the Credit Analyst at HSBC. For now they pull EQ and like someone said before when it goes to CAPONE..who knows if that stays at 1 HP vs. 3 HP.

I know it's a rebuilder, but for me I love electronics and I love best buy so I use the card for everything. I make like 7-8 payments. In-fact I just recently got approved for credit limit increase to $600 from $300 only after 3 months of use due to the fact that I have made close to 22 payments and ran through almost 4000K in purchases so they said they did a manual review. I told them it's not convnienent for me to make so many payments and also I don't use the card heavily between due date and statement date because I want to keep my utilization down. Also almost $1000 dollars has been spent at BB during christmas. They had a Rewardzone member event for some of the items that gave me 3X points. So far all in all I have about 5700 points in last 3 months which is about $110 in Best Buy bucks. I use this card to pay Insurance, Car Payment (Actually sad that I have 2 more payuments to go on my 60 month loan), food, gas, everything...in-fact if my landlord would take this for my rent that would be awesome..LOL..trouble is being patient and let the points accumulate to a high number so I can get a TV or something and not just Blu-Rays..LOL

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.