Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Approved for Zync

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-Approved for Zync

I occasionally like to dream and check the AMEX pre-approval site and usually nothing...BUT this morning I got excited to see a pre-approval for Zync! I have a few baddies over two years old and I am still trying to clean those off my reports before I apply. But it was so nice to this pre-approval! I just have to keep telling myself to be patient! 

Has anyone applied and been approved with any old baddies on their report. Not that I plan to apply till I can clean my reports up a bit more...but I'm curious. 

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Pre-Approved for Zync

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone applied and been approved with any old baddies on their report. Not that I plan to apply till I can clean my reports up a bit more...but I'm curious. 

I have seen a bunch of people with some baddies getting approved for Zync.

Message 2 of 26
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

Yep. I'm on of those people that had 3 baddies on EX when I apped. Got approved anyway.

Not sure, but I think having a good history with them in the past may have helped. But who knows. Amex's approval makes no sense to me.

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 26
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

Had several lates on my report (5-6) that were 2 years old or older.  Also had a very rocky history with Amex, including being on a payment plan with a Blue card as recently as 2 years ago.  Approved Zync w/out a problem.  (Disclosure: I am an AU on my boss's Platinum card and have been for about 3 years -- that may have helped.)  However, I was not "pre-approved" as you are.  I would go for it.  I've read others' posts here saying Amex pre-approval is (mostly) reliable.

Starting Score: 542 (in 2006)
Current Score: 661 (TU FICO), 677 (EQ FICO), 672 (EX FICO)
Goal Score: 750+
Message 4 of 26
halos24
Frequent Contributor

I was just approved early this morning with 5 baddies, and bankruptcy that is about 8.5 years old now.  My Exp score is about 650 or so it was 641 about three months ago and that was an actual score with 13 inquiries.  I would go for it, I pulled the trigger since I was not even pre-approved. 

MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

My utilization is currently 11% but when my cards report at the end of the month it will be down to like 4% with only 1 card reporting a balance. Also, I am waiting on 1 dispute that will resolve before the end of the month. So once all that happens, I may go ahead and apply! 

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I went for it and INSTANT APPROVAL!!!!!!!! I am so happy...I can't believe it!!! Woo hoo! AMEX family! 

Message 7 of 26
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok I went for it and INSTANT APPROVAL!!!!!!!! I am so happy...I can't believe it!!! Woo hoo! AMEX family! 

HAHA, Sweet Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks...I only went for it because you all made feel confidant that I would be approved. I really don't want to waste any inquiries because I'm trying to buy a car early next year! Thanks again everyone! 

Message 9 of 26
GTOflyer

I saw zync on my preapproval page and was approved today as well!  I was skeptical since at 22 my file is pretty thin and my util is kinda high right now, but with only one INQ I figured why not.

I had a 697 EQ score yesterday and 1 CO from '07 that only shows on EQ, 2 revolving acct's AAoA: 3 yrs, Util: 60%

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.