Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Approved for the Citi TY Preferred.

tag
RonDawg
Contributor

Pre-Approved for the Citi TY Preferred.

Okay I got a pre-approval in the mail for the Citi TY preferred card.  I know very little about Citi only that they do the points.  Now the rate they want to give me is 11.99 for this card and -0- financing for 18 Months but that does not impress me much because I don't carry a balance.   Anyone tell me if the TY preferred is worth a hard pull to get?

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Pre-Approved for the Citi TY Preferred.

It depends on your needs, but there is no real rewards structure to speak of, and EVERYONE has been getting preapprovals for them IIRC. 

Is there a gap in your credit profile you are looking to fill?

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 2 of 6
Yankeefan
Valued Member

I reciently apped for the CY Preferred. My scores were within a few points of yours, and I was approved instantly for 6.5k.  At the time my next highest limit was a 1k CapOne card.  It was a welcome credit line w/ flexible limit showing on my CR's. As stated above, there isn't a great reward structure but it helps with utilization. If you want cash or rewards there's better out there.

Message 3 of 6
RonDawg
Contributor

Thanks for the input sounds a lot like the Wellsfargo points credit card. 

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 4 of 6
lylesvegas
Contributor

RonDawg....You are in the garden according to you're siggy so you can't come out without at least 10 forum member approvals.....LOL....Smiley LOL

Amex BCE...Amex ED...Barclay WMC...Priceline Rewards Visa...Cap One Venture...Total Rewards Visa...Wells Fargo Visa...Discover IT...Pay Pal Smart Connect...Overstock Store Card...Lowe's Store Card

Message 5 of 6
dodgeball
Established Contributor

I envy you guys, even with a 680 plus score citi hates me, oh well I guess chase and discover will get my money!

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.