Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Qualfied Links?

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Pre-Qualfied Links?

How accurate are the pre-qual links on various card sites?  I've read mixed things over the years and they always seem to be different.  In my experience, I've never gotten anything positiv when using those links, and that was even after receiving mail offers for those same cards and being approved.  Could it be that I somehow "opted out" without my knowledge?  If so, how would I opt back in?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

Re: Pre-Qualfied Links?

You can go here to opt in, same link as opt out.  Many of the pre-approvals are junk, some of them like Chase and BofA seem to be more reliable.

My wallet: Newest to oldest.

Message 2 of 9
TrialByFire
Established Contributor

I never get results on those links. I just researched typical scores people were getting approved for on the cards I wanted. Ended up getting approved for some decent cards. Are you looking for any one in particular?
Message 3 of 9
TVP125
New Contributor

I know Discovers pre approval is now useless, And for me when I check pre approval offers from Barclay and it actually poped up with some I applied and was approved. 

Thank You!
Message 4 of 9
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@TVP125 wrote:

I know Discovers pre approval is now useless, And for me when I check pre approval offers from Barclay and it actually poped up with some I applied and was approved. 

+1 on Barclay.  It was spot on for me.

Message 5 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I find Capital One very accurate and Chase.

Message 6 of 9
JKXX
New Contributor

I don't find the Capone prequal to be accurate. I still don't have a prequal offer from them even with my scores below. They did SP me on 1/1/14 so at least they have my info
Last Inq: 10/24/14. EQ: 770 (10-02-13), TU08: 797 (10-27-14), EX: ??
Chase Ink $18,500 | REI Visa $17,000 | Chase Freedom $10,000 | Discover IT $10,000 | Sallie Mae $10,000 | Amex BCE $9,000 | BOA 123 $7,500 | US Bank Cash+ $7,000 | Wells Fargo Rewards $4,900 | Walmart Discover $6,500 | Chase Amazon $1,000
Message 7 of 9
IamB2
Established Contributor

For me, Chase and Barclay's was spot on. Discover, after receiving an "invitation to apply" in the mail, said no go. The rest were really cold-app-ing.

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 8 of 9
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@JKXX wrote:
I don't find the Capone prequal to be accurate. I still don't have a prequal offer from them even with my scores below. They did SP me on 1/1/14 so at least they have my info

Your scores are too high for a prequal from Crap1 would be my guess.  They tend to dislike customers not living in sub prime land has been my experience with them.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.