cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Qualified Juniper Platinum Mastercard - What have you heard about Juniper?

tag
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

Re: What's up with Juniper?

I have had a BJ's Card since April 2008 and I like it!

I started with a 3K CL and got a CL of 5K (with hard pull) in February. I especially like they post the temporary authorizations on the website even before they hit the account.

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking of applying for their Virgin America co-branded card issued by Barclays.  Its a great airline and card seems to offer great rewards.  Anybody familiar with this card?
Message 12 of 16
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

DW and I have both got a Juniper card.

High CLs at the time of opening

CLI when asked for

Reasonable APR as it is a reward card.

No problems overall

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 13 of 16
heirophant
Established Contributor

Re: Pre-Qualified Juniper Platinum Mastercard - What have you heard about Juniper?

@GST2008 wrote:

Hi Utah,

I had received this offer and applied for it a while back.  Was approved with like a 1400 cl which was automatically raised to 1700 and then to 2400.  After that there were no other cl raises in the 3 years that I had no matter how often I used it and pif.  When Juniper decides you have reached the limit they are going to give you, that's it.  The card did come with free transunion score watch that updated monthly.

After getting frustrated at the lack of cl increase, I converted it to the I-tunes visa.  I was able to get that card up to a 3k cl, but then they did cuts and it's down to 1100 with no hopes of an increase anytime soon.

Interestingly enough though, they did pre-approve me for the seamiles MC and a line of 1500.  They gave me a lower interest rate on this card and it also has the transunion score watching.  The only quirk with this card is that I can only pay it twice a month without a money hold.  Since the cl is so low, I use way more than the 1,500.00 and have to pay several times.  The first two payments go through no problem, anything over that and they hold the payment for 8 days.  The other two Juniper cards did not do this.

Also if it helps, all the juniper products will be changing over officially to Barclay's in the next couple of months.  I received a notice that my cards would be reissued with the different name on it.  So I'll have to see what that does to my cl's and my apr's. 

When did you receive this notice?  I haven't seen one. 

To the OP: I have had my card for over a year, I am satisfied with it because of the awesome 7.99 interest rate, although they have never raised the CL.  It is 2,000.  Just curious.  I hope I get to keep my American flag on the new card.  Had a preapproval and accepted it.

Message Edited by heirophant on 07-20-2009 01:51 PM
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 14 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Pre-Qualified Juniper Platinum Mastercard - What have you heard about Juniper?

heirophant wrote:

When did you receive this notice?  I haven't seen one. 

When I log into DW's I-Tunes, we get that message about Barclaycard or something like that.

https://www.juniper.com/app/ccsite/text/tips/apc/comingsoon_pop.jsp

Though, I don't have that message on my SeaMiles.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Started with Juniper a year ago. Decent credit limit. $300 cli. Still 7.9% interest. I like them so far.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.