Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Qualified for CapOne Cards

tag
amdm2013
Frequent Contributor

Re: Pre-Qualified for CapOne Cards

I just got an email ... my app was declined, reasons for too many new accounts and very little balances on revolving accounts. Bummer!!😔😔😔
CSP: $20k / BarclayCard WMC: $20k / US Bank Sig: $12k / Diners Club: $10k / Macy's: $10k / CapOne QS: $8k / Sportsman's Visa: $7.5k / Overstock: $7.4k / Citi DP: $3.6k / US Bank LOC: $2.5k / Cabela's: $2k / Bank of Hawaii AmEx: $1.6k / Chase Marriott: $1.5k / Amazon Visa: $500
Message 41 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@amdm2013 wrote:
I just got an email ... my app was declined, reasons for too many new accounts and very little balances on revolving accounts. Bummer!!😔😔😔

I'm sorry to hear about the denial. There seems to be quite a few on here lately who tried cold app'ing with Cap1 when they weren't pre-qualified and they were also denied. That really stinks, especially with a triple pull. It sounds like it was too many new accounts recently and no utilization on them. It's kind of crazy that you can be denied for NOT using your credit... but it happens a lot. I think many lenders want to see at least some balances on the cards you already have. It shows them you actually use the credit that has been extended to you.

Message 42 of 45
amdm2013
Frequent Contributor

Thanks JustMe3. I agree with you. I tried the prequalify link again and it doesnt show any prequalified cards anymore. So, I guess the Virgin America app will also be declined. It's been a week now since I called In to verify some information.

I guess I'm seriosly done with apping at least for another year, i.e. If I can hold myself 😂😂😂.
CSP: $20k / BarclayCard WMC: $20k / US Bank Sig: $12k / Diners Club: $10k / Macy's: $10k / CapOne QS: $8k / Sportsman's Visa: $7.5k / Overstock: $7.4k / Citi DP: $3.6k / US Bank LOC: $2.5k / Cabela's: $2k / Bank of Hawaii AmEx: $1.6k / Chase Marriott: $1.5k / Amazon Visa: $500
Message 43 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@amdm2013 wrote:
Thanks JustMe3. I agree with you. I tried the prequalify link again and it doesnt show any prequalified cards anymore. So, I guess the Virgin America app will also be declined. It's been a week now since I called In to verify some information.

I guess I'm seriosly done with apping at least for another year, i.e. If I can hold myself 😂😂😂.

I hear ya, it's tough to hold back from app'ing when you find a card you really want. Is the Virgin America card through Comenity? If so, I think they're just really slow when it comes to that stuff. If they went through all of the trouble to verify you I think your chances are really good, unless for some reason you didn't pass their verification. But stay positive, you never know, they could be mailing out your card as we speak Smiley Happy

Message 44 of 45
amdm2013
Frequent Contributor

Yes it's Comenity. I was preapproved for the Sportsman's Guide Visa (Comenity) with a $7.5k CL thru SCT. And I'm still waiting on my PRG after I submitted my tax returns. Hope it will all work out! 😔
Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.