Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Qualified or Spam

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Pre-Qualified or Spam

I got this email from Citi...is this considered a pre-qualfied offer or just a promo that everyone gets...either way i don't think i'm applying for it, but am just curious to see if I was actually pre-qualified...

Because you are a valued Citi cardmember, we want to extend the opportunity to apply for the Citi Simplicity Card.

Apply now to enjoy 0% APR for 18 months on purchases and balance transfers on your Citi Simplicity Card. After that, the variable APR is 12.99%-21.99% based on your creditworthiness.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Pre-Qualified or Spam

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:

I got this email from Citi...is this considered a pre-qualfied offer or just a promo that everyone gets...either way i don't think i'm applying for it, but am just curious to see if I was actually pre-qualified...

Because you are a valued Citi cardmember, we want to extend the opportunity to apply for the Citi Simplicity Card.

Apply now to enjoy 0% APR for 18 months on purchases and balance transfers on your Citi Simplicity Card. After that, the variable APR is 12.99%-21.99% based on your creditworthiness.

Looks like marketing to me and not a pre-approval

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 9
tray
Valued Contributor

I recieved that same email today as well, I feel it is no prequalification it is a mass email I bet you everyone who is a citicardholder is probably getting this same email.  Waste of a hard pull!!!!

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:

Not spam to my knowledge.  I got the same email but I don't need the card.  They constantly bombard me with either pre-approvals or certain targeted offers.  If the sender's address originates from Citicards@info9.citibank.com, it is legit.  The email should provide a reference to an exisiting account with them bearing the last 4-digits of such card(s).

Message 4 of 9
charyot77
Regular Contributor

I also received an email from Citi, but it was for 20,000 TYPs if I opened a Thank You Preferred and spent $1,000 in 3 months. 5,000 extra thank you points is nit enough to get me to leave the garden.
Message 5 of 9
counterglow

I received the same email charyot did.  I was also wondering if it was actually targeted at me or was one of those emails they sent out to all their cardholders.

Message 6 of 9
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Received same email for Simplicity today also.  Not biting

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 7 of 9
JonStur
Established Contributor

Yea it's just marketing at this point...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 8 of 9
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Thanks all. I checked the Citi site for per-qual and I didn't have any, so it looks like it was just a mass email. No biggie, I wasn't going to bite anyway.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.