Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Qualifying when you are already a card holder

tag
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Re: Pre-Qualifying when you are already a card holder

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Most likely if there are 3 cards side by side.  Is your existing card offer something like add an authorized user instead of Apply Now?  If you click on Rates and Fees under the BCE, is it a specific APR?

Yes, it says add an Authorized User instead of Apply now for my existing card.  When I click on the BCE is says 0.0% introductory APR and after 13.99% to 24.99%.

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 11 of 17
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:
This has changed recently. When you log into your account, click Menu in the upper left, then choose Cards and "Charge & Credit Card Offers." For instance if I use incognito to see the regular offers on BCE, I see $100 cash back after spending $1000, 0% APR for 12 months and then 13.99-24.99%. In my account that offer shows as $150 for $1000, 0% for 15 months and then 13.99% APR.

Funny, I get the opposite effect.  I get the low offers when I login, but see the good offers through incognito.

Then again, you also see no intro APR for purchases on Citi DC while I see 0% for 15 months when browsing from anywhere, so I'm starting to think you and are live in opposite parallel universes.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes there are 3 on the first page under "featured cards" one of which is my own BCE with "add someone to your account" tap, the other 2 were Gold Delta and Platinum, both were generic offers even though Platinum had a "New Welcome Offer" banner.

Next to the "Featured Cards" tab up top, there are also "Travel Cards", "Cash Back Cards" and "Rewards Points Cards" tabs that covers the entire lineup, none seems to be targeted offers, both Gold Delta and Platinum were also listed under Travel with the same generic offers under Featured Cards.  At no time did I click on the view all cards tap.

Message 13 of 17
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@MrDisco99 wrote:
I'm starting to think you and are live in opposite parallel universes.

And I am going to have to agree with you here.  Maybe this is like Chase Offers where some are targeted and some are not, but Amex doesn't make it easy to tell with a nice green check mark?  Speaking of Chase, you get the same Sapphire Reserve offer for 200,000 UR point bonus for spending $300 in 6 months with 0% APR and no-fee balance transfers for 48 months followed by 3.9% fixed APR that the rest of us get at least, right?

Message 14 of 17
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:
This has changed recently. When you log into your account, click Menu in the upper left, then choose Cards and "Charge & Credit Card Offers." For instance if I use incognito to see the regular offers on BCE, I see $100 cash back after spending $1000, 0% APR for 12 months and then 13.99-24.99%. In my account that offer shows as $150 for $1000, 0% for 15 months and then 13.99% APR.

That's how I got my BCE with the $250 offer last night. For a few weeks, I had the $100 offer showing there, then clear my browser's cookies, log in again, and the 3 offers changed to same cards Delta, Platinum, and BCE but with the high offers, so I took advantage of the BCE offer and got instant approval. Incognito showed me low offers, and preapproval page always asks me to log in.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:
I'm starting to think you and are live in opposite parallel universes.

And I am going to have to agree with you here.  Maybe this is like Chase Offers where some are targeted and some are not, but Amex doesn't make it easy to tell with a nice green check mark?  Speaking of Chase, you get the same Sapphire Reserve offer for 200,000 UR point bonus for spending $300 in 6 months with 0% APR and no-fee balance transfers for 48 months followed by 3.9% fixed APR that the rest of us get at least, right?

I'm a rebuilder and i got that offer.   even let me charge a real estate deal on it.   it was some land just east of new york, past the statue of liberty Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 17
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

That's great land. Send me a private message if you're interested in grabbing a bridge, too!

My understanding with the prequalify page in incognito mode is that if it recognizes that you are an Amex cardholder there's no way around logging in to your account.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.