Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre Selected for a Amex......Please help

tag
goodgirl-badcredit
Frequent Contributor

Pre Selected for a Amex......Please help

I went online to do the pre approval for amex it came back stating that i was pre selected for a

Perferred rewards gold card or American Express Preferred Rewards Green Card... What does this mean?

Thanks 

Starting Score: 3/21 EQ 636 TU 669
Current Score: 12/30 EQ 740 TU 712 EX ??? ....
Goal Score: Yay... I reached my goal of 700!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
tray
Valued Contributor

Re: Pre Selected for a Amex......Please help

In October of last year, I went to the same pre-select site and was also offered the same cards, I went ahead with the full app and went with the green card instead of the gold and was approved.  I feel you have a shot for either card if nothing changed on your cr.  If you are interested with a American Express card and willing to take an inquiry hit if I was you I would do it.  For me American Express has treated me very will, I upgraded to the gold card a month later in November of last year, and in Febuary of this year was invited for the premier gold card with annual fee waived and 10,000 bonus points I app was approved, and was even given most of my annual fee back I paid on the green card.  Foremost they are considered a Prime Bank.  Good Luck in whatever you do.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 18
goodgirl-badcredit
Frequent Contributor

The annual fee is waived for the first year and then $95 thereafter.. but when i went to apply the page stated $450 year wth???

Message 3 of 18
tray
Valued Contributor

@goodgirl-badcredit wrote:

The annual fee is waived for the first year and then $95 thereafter.. but when i went to apply the page stated $450 year wth???

The $450.00 is the fee for the platinum charge card.  The on-line app site could be screwing up today.  If I were you I would hold off and wait or you can call American Express and see what is going on if there is any problems and explain your situation.  I know when I app for the green card fee $95.00 never was given the option for the 1st year waived and never had $450.00 stated on my app.

Message 4 of 18
goodgirl-badcredit
Frequent Contributor

Does this card show your credit limit?

Message 5 of 18
goodgirl-badcredit
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Tray for your feedback

Message 6 of 18
tray
Valued Contributor

@goodgirl-badcredit wrote:

Thanks Tray for your feedback

No, the charge cards do not show a limit, although you can call American Express and they can tell you pretty much how much you can charge.  I feel with American Express they have to get to know your charges and payment patterns.  But this past weekend I had to purchase something over $1,000.00 so I called and spoke with a rep and told her that I needed to make a purchase of $1,500.00 and would it go through and the rep came back and told me yes.  I should have question for a higher limit just to see but for having an American Express charge card for 6 months I am okay with  this. So you would be able to find out how much you can charge.

Message 7 of 18
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

The charge cards do not have credit limits.    They usually report highest balance.  

Message 8 of 18
goodgirl-badcredit
Frequent Contributor

So could I apply for the Amex delta Skymiles and be approved? I really want the credit limit to show on my reports

Message 9 of 18
smallfry
Senior Contributor

When I tried the pre app site I was approved for the Green and Gold Rewards cards. This doesn't mean you would only be approved for those cards. I applied for Blue Cash and was approved. That was not on my pre app page. What are your scores new accounts yada yada?

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.