cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Selected to apply for Citi Simplicity...

tag
Bobby1146
Established Member

Pre-Selected to apply for Citi Simplicity...

First Id like to know what's the difference between pre-approved & pre-selected? The CC's I have now have been all pre-approved. Citibank has been sending me pre-selected applications for all there cards. Anyways, I just received another pre-selected app for the citi Simplicity & its a very good offer, 13.99% APR for purchases & cash advances. I have the Chase Sapphire & its better than the APR from the Sapphire (3% difference to be exact & 6% for cash advances). I am closing my "Chase Freedom" acct because of the 24% APR I've had 3+ years & replacing it with the "Simplicity". I'm looking for a long term low APR, I'm not interested in 'Rewards" at all. My "myFICO" score is 761 at this time, should I give the application a few weeks/a month before I apply? I've learned its not good to apply immediately. Or can someone refer me to a lower long term APR card? I've never worked with Credit Unions, so I don't know how they work or where to find there CC's. Sorry I got carried away & will truly appreciate any & all your help. Thank You all for you time.

Chase Sapphire $5000/ Gap Visa $5000/ Discover$6500, Barclays Ring $5000, Chase Freedom $1,100.00/ Macy's $3000/ Best Buy $3400
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

Re: Pre-Selected to apply for Citi Simplicity...

@Bobby1146 wrote:

First Id like to know what's the difference between pre-approved & pre-selected? The CC's I have now have been all pre-approved. Citibank has been sending me pre-selected applications for all there cards. Anyways, I just received another pre-selected app for the citi Simplicity & its a very good offer, 13.99% APR for purchases & cash advances. I have the Chase Sapphire & its better than the APR from the Sapphire (3% difference to be exact & 6% for cash advances). I am closing my "Chase Freedom" acct because of the 24% APR I've had 3+ years & replacing it with the "Simplicity". I'm looking for a long term low APR, I'm not interested in 'Rewards" at all. My "myFICO" score is 761 at this time, should I give the application a few weeks/a month before I apply? I've learned its not good to apply immediately. Or can someone refer me to a lower long term APR card? I've never worked with Credit Unions, so I don't know how they work or where to find there CC's. Sorry I got carried away & will truly appreciate any & all your help. Thank You all for you time.

Maybe someone knows of any better long term APR cards, but check out the platinmum visa offered through Lake Michigan Credit Union.  You have to become a member first and with a one time $5 donation and I believe a CRA inquiry, anyone can become a member.  The best rate is 6.25% and again, that is not just an intro rate from what I have read.

P.S. - I also get "pre selected" offers from Citi every 3 days for the past year.  I have some history with them and I most likely would not be approved, yet they won't stop sending the "offers".  From my understanding, I believe "pre selected" means that the addressee may have a pulse.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 2 of 4
Bobby1146
Established Member

Thanks for the feedback & I took your advice & went on line, but I didn't see any link to donations. Only links to opening a account with them. I did see the CC, but its for members onlySmiley Sad.

Chase Sapphire $5000/ Gap Visa $5000/ Discover$6500, Barclays Ring $5000, Chase Freedom $1,100.00/ Macy's $3000/ Best Buy $3400
Message 3 of 4
IWOL
Established Contributor

Have you looked at the Barclay Ring card? I believe that card has an 8% APR on purchases and BT. 

You our can look at the terms on the Barclays  US website.

i don't have the catrd but was looking at the terms the other day and it looks interesting.

SDFCU also offers a card with a 6.99% interest ratte if you qualify which I think you would with your score. It's easy to join, you can just join an association for I think $10.

just google State Department Frderal. Credit Union. There card also has rewards and a chip and pin.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.