Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-approval for JCP

tag
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Pre-approval for JCP

Good sign the market is thawing out a little bit?  Not interested in the account though since I don't shop there.   Just nice to see a pre-approval in the mail for the first time in a couple years.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Shane1
New Contributor

Re: Pre-approval for JCP

Might not make a difference, but it can also be used at JCP.com, Sephora.com, CVS, and Rite Aid.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pre-approval for JCP

Congrats!  It's a warm fuzzy to get pre-apps if you haven't gotten them in awhile.  I opted out a good time ago, but opted back in because I'm rebuilding and I like to know who's finding me creditable - even if I don't want an account with them.  Nice to be wanted!

Message 3 of 9
Kris1228
Regular Contributor

ot one Re: Pre-approval for JCP

I got one last week also.. lol. i had a walmart card until they cut my limit from 375 to 100.00!!! i paid my very small balance and closed it.

FICO's - 3/14/14 TU 795 4/17/14 EQ:805 3/7/14 EX: 801

Baddies all Gone
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ot one Re: Pre-approval for JCP

@Kris1228 wrote:

I got one last week also.. lol. i had a walmart card until they cut my limit from 375 to 100.00!!! i paid my very small balance and closed it.

I closed my GEMB Walmart card, too, when I saw that it was reporting as a consumer finance account.  Same with my GEMB JCPenneys.  My GEMB Dillards reports as a merchant account and I've kept that one open.  (Dillard's is an easy acceptance, too, btw).

Message 5 of 9
Kris1228
Regular Contributor

Smiley WinkI do not think mine reported as consumer finance account at all but i was furious at the limit cut and they did nothing to keep my business at all.. 100.00 limit is just crazy. I never shop at Jc Penny so applying would be silly for me.

Baddies all Gone
Message 6 of 9
tray
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Kris1228 wrote:

I closed my GEMB Walmart card, too, when I saw that it was reporting as a consumer finance account.  Same with my GEMB JCPenneys.  My GEMB Dillards reports as a merchant account and I've kept that one open.  (Dillard's is an easy acceptance, too, btw).

With the reporting walmart and JCPenny cards how did the reporting related to consumer finance account look like on your cr's.  I am really curious now as I both cards open and do not want to go through that ordeal.  Thanks for any information

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 7 of 9
Kris1228
Regular Contributor

i will look a little later but i would have noticed it being a consumer finance.. on another note i financed a new washer/dryer from an appliance store here in ohio and they used GEMB as there lender so that very well may have reported as consumer finance.. i paid my balance off early and they closed it like 2-3 months later saying inactivity and prior derogatory items on cr... the same thing was there when i was approved. ****sigh****

Baddies all Gone
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tray wrote:

beamMEup wrote: I closed my GEMB Walmart card, too, when I saw that it was reporting as a consumer finance account.  Same with my GEMB JCPenneys. 

With the reporting walmart and JCPenny cards how did the reporting related to consumer finance account look like on your cr's.  I am really curious now as I both cards open and do not want to go through that ordeal.  Thanks for any information

Hi tray,

My CR's only show the type of account, which is revolving for both of them.

On my mortgage pull and on my CCT (CreditCheckTotal), they show the KOB (Kind of Business) Code.  My GEMB Walmart and GEMB JCPenneys show up as Consumer Finance/Sales Financing on both.  Some people have trouble with certain inaccuracies with CCT, but the KOB codes match my mortgage pull without deviation. 

If you have CCT, select the Credit Inquiry tab, the KOB is listed in the far left column.  If you don't have CCT, you can use their free trial period to see your reports without cost.  I'm sure there are other credit report monitoring services that show this information, I just happened to find it on CCT (after having it for about six months Smiley Wink ).  BTW, if you like CCT and want to keep it, call and ask for a 50% discount.

Hope that helps.

Edited because it's too late to make a complete sentence the first time 'round.  Time for sleep!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.