Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre approval from Fingerhut...

tag
ronstar7
Established Contributor

Pre approval from Fingerhut...

My questions are should I pull the trigger, will it be a hard pull, and should I come out the garden for it? Yes I know they are super overpriced, could care less dont want to buy anything.

Got a prapproval a few months ago from them applied and was approved but closed it like a month later. Cant rememeber why now Im thinking I should get it again for another positive tradeline and lower utl. The only cards that have a balnce on them are my cap 1's, first premier, and express all other cards have a zero balance. Trying to do what I can to rebuild

Thanks for any feedback!

Starting scores 12/1/15 EQ 601, TU 626, EX 601

Current Scores 9/17/17 EQ 686 TU 702 EX 655 Goal 700+ across
UTL 7%
Last Inq: 9/20/17
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Pre approval from Fingerhut...

Based on your siggy, you have more than enough TLs to rebuild. Opening and closing and reopening the same cc and not knowing why-tells me that you should leave this account alone.

If you have one account with a balance, seems like you are working on your util. How are your baddies?
Message 2 of 7
ronstar7
Established Contributor

Just the lates on my car loan ( they gave me a 2 month ext so I am current now) and the tax lien that will fall off next year (it was paid) If I am corerct I closed it due to an issue with my maiden name needing to be switiched to my married name and they gave me a hard time about so I closed it. Was never used.

UTL 7%
Message 3 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 7
ronstar7
Established Contributor

Thank you Lexie, I figured you would say that lol. Guess I will just keep doing what I'm doing and cleaning things up and hopefully I will get better cards in the future and maybe my score will go up it just seems to take so long lol

UTL 7%
Message 5 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

It takes time and apping just for the same of apping will not help you. Work on cleaning up your cr and showing positive pyt history. You'll be fine
Message 6 of 7
ronstar7
Established Contributor

I definitely will, I thought it was a sp but found out that's not the case. I'm cool, I'll stay in the garden. Maybe I'll get a pool put in so we can all go swimming!

UTL 7%
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.