Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-approvals

This is strange: I do not get any pre-approvals. I used to, and then they just stopped comming. I have excellent history. Even more, according to my credit report nobody looks at my file from outside. Just account review soft pulls from existing lenders. I called in and checked if i had a FA or security freese on my file - NO. I thought I could be OPTED OUT and opted in 2 weeks ago.... still nothing.... what could it be?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Pre-approvals

It seems after paying all those juicy bonuses the banks have nothing left of our own money to lend back to us. 
Message 2 of 7
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

The current environment pretty much curtailed mass mailing of pre-approval offers.  I don't think you'll be getting many of them for awhile.
Message 3 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Also, once you opt back in, it takes a while for it to percolate through the system, it seems. I know that after I opted back in (before the current meltdown) it took 4 or so weeks for the junk to start re-appearing.

I still get something every once in a blue moon, but nothing like before. Oh, HSBC, where are all those "pre-approvals" for the GM CC? * wipes away single tear *

Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still get quite a few. Perhaps they are using new models to send them out now. Also, have even gotten calls wondering if I would like CL INCREASES. Then again, maybe they think I will get weak and take them up on their offersSmiley Happy
Message Edited by DickC on 06-24-2009 07:09 AM
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

DickC wrote: 
Also, have even gotten calls wondering if I would like CL INCREASES.

Wow yes please....

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thanks guys! I'll wait.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.