Frequent Contributor
Lexa

Pre-approvals

This is strange: I do not get any pre-approvals. I used to, and then they just stopped comming. I have excellent history. Even more, according to my credit report nobody looks at my file from outside. Just account review soft pulls from existing lenders. I called in and checked if i had a FA or security freese on my file - NO. I thought I could be OPTED OUT and opted in 2 weeks ago.... still nothing.... what could it be?
Senior Contributor
smallfry

Re: Pre-approvals

It seems after paying all those juicy bonuses the banks have nothing left of our own money to lend back to us. 
Established Contributor
Watchmann

The current environment pretty much curtailed mass mailing of pre-approval offers.  I don't think you'll be getting many of them for awhile.
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Also, once you opt back in, it takes a while for it to percolate through the system, it seems. I know that after I opted back in (before the current meltdown) it took 4 or so weeks for the junk to start re-appearing.

I still get something every once in a blue moon, but nothing like before. Oh, HSBC, where are all those "pre-approvals" for the GM CC? * wipes away single tear *

:smileyvery-happy:
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Frequent Contributor
DickC

[ Edited ]
I still get quite a few. Perhaps they are using new models to send them out now. Also, have even gotten calls wondering if I would like CL INCREASES. Then again, maybe they think I will get weak and take them up on their offers:smileyhappy:
Message Edited by DickC on 06-24-2009 07:09 AM
Established Contributor
cartercorp

DickC wrote: 
Also, have even gotten calls wondering if I would like CL INCREASES.

Wow yes please....

Frequent Contributor
Lexa

Ok, thanks guys! I'll wait.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+