Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-approved Home Depot CC from Citi

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

Re: Pre-approved Home Depot CC from Citi

I recieved one of the pre-approved mail offers as well, went to home depot, applying process is very easy and was approved EQ was pulled and I am in MA.  Once your utilization is down and you really want this card, I would go for it. Good Luck

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 11 of 14
Elated
Contributor

Hi Again Booner, I just found out yesterday that my credit scores have increased already...they are now: EQ 680  and TU 691Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 14
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Keep in mind that pre-qualified, pre-approved, pre-selected, etc. have no real meaning. It does not guarentee that you will get the card.

CCCs send requests to the bureaus for contact information of individuals that meet certain qualifying standards to send out mailers to. You may or may not be approved, but the offers in the mail mean nothing more.

With your new scores you should be ok to apply.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 14
Elated
Contributor

Thanks CD! I have to wait a couple of months to apply, I was just merely inquiring to see the likelihood of me being approved. I know that all of the pre-selected, pre-approved offers, etc. are nothing more than a bait and switch to get you to apply.

I am closing on my new home at the beginning of January, so I cannot do anything credit wise until then.

I really appreciate all of your help...again, thank you! Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.