Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-approved for CapOne Platinum card

tag
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

Pre-approved for CapOne Platinum card

So I've been approved for yet another card, CapOne Platinum. I'm an UA on one card and I have my own. So........................should I? It would give me another line of credit. 0% APR until May 2014 and higher credit limit after making first 5 payments on time. I'm leaning towards going for it. I'm currently not carrying any balances and I'm getting that credit card "itch" that people talk about. lol Oh, and no AF.

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Pre-approved for CapOne Platinum card

Normally I would ask you your credit such as any baddies length of credit history etc. IMHO no don't go for it. First of all your only allowed 2 Cap1 cards not counting cobranded cards. Looking at your signature you have some cards that will grow with you. Cap1 will do 3 hard pulls more then likely for a low limit card with no rewards. Follow the advice on here if you don't need it don't apply. All you will end up doing is making the other card companys your with nervous. As always YMMV.   

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Pre-approved for CapOne Platinum card

@Steelersboy wrote:

So I've been approved for yet another card, CapOne Platinum. I'm an UA on one card and I have my own. So........................should I? It would give me another line of credit. 0% APR until May 2014 and higher credit limit after making first 5 payments on time. I'm leaning towards going for it. I'm currently not carrying any balances and I'm getting that credit card "itch" that people talk about. lol Oh, and no AF.

IMHO and not sure if other cards in sig are yours or AU but you don't need another CAP1 card garden what you have until you see another lender you would like to have Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.