Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-approved for MyPoints Visa???

tag
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Pre-approved for MyPoints Visa???

So I'm on the MyPoints website (of which I've been a member since 1998) and up pops a window saying I'm pre-approved for a Visa issued by World Financial Capital Bank. Does anyone have any info on this card, issuer, etc?

Honestly, I don't want this card. I'm juggling too many cards now and it's really going to mess up my AAoA. I think at the end of the month my AA will be 4 years with my oldest card being 14 years (AMEX). If anything, I was going to add another AMEX for a beefed up age.

Oh, what to do?!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Pre-approved for MyPoints Visa???

@MrShush wrote:

So I'm on the MyPoints website (of which I've been a member since 1998) and up pops a window saying I'm pre-approved for a Visa issued by World Financial Capital Bank. Does anyone have any info on this card, issuer, etc?

Honestly, I don't want this card. I'm juggling too many cards now and it's really going to mess up my AAoA. I think at the end of the month my AA will be 4 years with my oldest card being 14 years (AMEX). If anything, I was going to add another AMEX for a beefed up age.

Oh, what to do?!

If you don't want it then the decision has already been made has it not?  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 6
goodgirl-badcredit
Frequent Contributor

I love MyPoints.com!!!!! I didnt know they offered a visa???

Starting Score: 3/21 EQ 636 TU 669
Current Score: 12/30 EQ 740 TU 712 EX ??? ....
Goal Score: Yay... I reached my goal of 700!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 6
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Just noticed the soft was on EX.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They do have a new card and they are giving 2,000 points when you make your first two purchases. I got the card recently. The card gives an extra point per dollar wherever you shop AND two points per dollar on gas and groceries.

From what I can tell, the program set up similarly to the offers you get when checking out at Target. At Target, they swipe your credit card and are able to do a "preapproval" based on the data linked to your existing credit card. Like Target, MyPoints will pre-approve you, but there is no way to directly apply.

Since MyPoints never 'swipes' your credit card, they might not have the data needed to 'preapprove' you. You will have a better chance of seeing the offer if you have provided MyPoints with current, complete and authentic personal information in your account. I added my home address to my profile and got the offer a few days later. To update your profile, go to My Account / Manage Your Account / Update Contact Info.

If you don't want the card when you see the offer, just click on "no" or "no thanks" - whatever it says.  

So far, i'm finding this is a great way to accelerate my points earned both at MyPoints and elsewhere. For example, I reload my Starbucks gift card with the credit card and since my SB card is registered, i'm getting credit from both the retailer and the credit card/mypoints side. It's a great way to boost all the loyalty offers/programs if you participate in those.

Message 5 of 6
MrShush
Valued Contributor

If you don't mind me asking, what was the limit of the card, your approximate scores for EX, and what's the highest limit of your cards (that seems to be the guage of limits)?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.