Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre approved for discover it now?!!!

tag
colindidit
Established Contributor

Pre approved for discover it now?!!!

Ahhh :/ why do I do this to myself...just checked out of curiosity after getting mailer the other day...hopefully it'll still be there when I'm out of the garden !
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
awdsmama
Established Contributor

Re: Pre approved for discover it now?!!!

Part of me wants to say to you "what if it isn't there when you are out of the garden" and the other part of me wants to say "stay in the garden, you can do it!"

Listen to whichever part suits you best LOL

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 2 of 10
colindidit
Established Contributor

Haha...it's so hard but I'm deff staying in here until all the inquiries fall off. My scores are good just not the dings...it's just weird that I was denied last month and got the invite in the mail last week now I'm pre approved...I've always wanted this now I can't even apply lol
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 3 of 10
nolongeraneqaddict
Valued Member

If it fits into your plans then by all means do it, if it doesn't and you have no use for it, don't let the pre-approval pull you out of the garden earlier then you wanted to. Credit is just a tool, don't let alter your plans just because it shows up.

START (01/13):TU: 701 | EQ: 692 | EX: 706
CURRENT: TU: 739 (FICO 5/13) | EQ: 711 (FICO 2/13) | EX: 725 (PLUS 5/13) in the garden since 3/9/2013
GOALS: 750 by 01/14
Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Marriott Rewards Premier | Chase Freedom | Chase Slate | AMEX Blue Cash Everday | Citi Dividend |
Citi Simplicity | USAA Rewards | Walmart Discover |
Message 4 of 10
colindidit
Established Contributor

I'd like it just because it's a prime and a reason to stick it to cap one.. I've wanted a discover ever since I was 18 and was never pre approved...it's been my goal,since rebuilding to be approved for one..I don't need it I want it...it'd most likely become my primary card and probably my highest limit. But as I said I'll be sticking to my guns and passing on it because I know I won't get approved.
Message 5 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@colindidit wrote:
Ahhh :/ why do I do this to myself...just checked out of curiosity after getting mailer the other day...hopefully it'll still be there when I'm out of the garden !

Good angel/Bad angel

Awhhhh ....the choices we have to make Lol

Make the one that best fits your needs!!!!!!!!!

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 10
colindidit
Established Contributor

Aha if it wasn't for my excessive inquiries I'd apply
Message 7 of 10
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Stay in the garden, the offer will probably still be there.  I have been receving pre-approved mailersfrom  Discover It for months.  Finally pulled the trigger tonight.  It was worth the wait.

Message 8 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I agree- stay I the garden. Who wants a toy limit? When in a few short months you can have a 'real' limit!
Message 9 of 10
rtw
Established Contributor

Stay in the garden! Those Discover It offers will continue to come.

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.