Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-approved letter from EXPRESS store card

tag
cuti
Regular Contributor

Pre-approved letter from EXPRESS store card

Apply last month for Express store card and got decline , but today i received a pre-approved letter from express :  CONGRATULATIONS ! we want to make shopping at express even more rewarding for you .You were recently pre-approved for an express next card credit card . If you open and use an express next credit card , you can take an additional 15% off your first purchase !.....

I go online and fill out pre-approved ID number and all the information , still got the same crazy message 7 to 10 business days grrrrrrr , is this another decline ? and cost me another hard pull ???? HELP PLEASE .

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
scvbd99
Frequent Contributor

Re: Pre-approved letter from EXPRESS store card

Go to Express.com

Put some stuff in your shopping cart.  

Checkout as a guest, and go throught the checkout process, and put in your name/address/etc.

If you really are pre-approved, then before you put in payment information, there should be a pop-up inviting you to accept credit.  It's a soft pull.  If you're rebuilding, I recommend not applying directly for any comenity store cards unless you can get a pop-up saying you're preapproved when you put stuff in your cart and go through the first few steps of the checkout process.  

800+ for all 3 CRAs.

Student loan forgiveness/discharge FINALLY complete.
Message 2 of 3
cuti
Regular Contributor

Re: Pre-approved letter from EXPRESS store card

Thanks SCVBD99 Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.