Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-approved offer in the mail...!

tag
vpae
Established Contributor

Pre-approved offer in the mail...!

...Wait! It's not for me.

This ever happen to you? Your DH, DW, DS, DD, DGF/BF gets all the offers in the mail but nothing for you?

My fiance have been getting endless offers in the mail the last couple of months; Barclay's (Approved), FNBO (Approved), US Bank (Approved), and today she got an offer for the Slate! I've been wanting the Slate and was excited to see it just to realize it wasn't for me lolSmiley Sad

On a side note, she also gets instant approvals on all of her apps, whereas, I am greeted with the 7-10 day message or have to call in everytime. haha, I tell myself it's okay, I like the suspense and the anxiety of the 30 seconds when the page loads after I hit submit... Smiley Very Happy

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Pre-approved offer in the mail...!

It's a female thing. They almost always have the corner in the acceptability factor
Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 8
vpae
Established Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:
It's a female thing. They almost always have the corner in the acceptability factor
Smiley Happy

Everytime she asks if we have mail and there was an offer for her, I just frown and say yes, for you. She goes, OOOH! MORE SHOES!  lol. Smiley LOL

Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 3 of 8
angelcred10
Regular Contributor

haha sorry to hear that

Starting Score: 635 Current Score: 659 Discover Pull
Goal Score:720s
Tried to use Images but it was all Wibbly, Wobbly, and Timey-Wimey.
Message 4 of 8
sexy_kitten7
Regular Contributor

I never get mail offers either! Even though I've opted into all of the Privacy Notices!

It's because you have so many open tradlines, including at least 1 with each major bank. Typically banks want to recruit new customers vs existing, IMO.

You may have hit your CL limit with a few banks, which prevents instant approval.

Quicksilver MC / Amazon.com / Better Balance Rewards Visa / Freedom / Dividend / Quicksilver Visa / Cash+ / Thank You Preferred / Blue Cash Everyday / Better Balance Rewards MC / BankAmericard HRC Cash Rewards / It / Arrival / FlexPerks / Platinum AAdvantage / MileagePlus Explorer / LifeMiles
Message 5 of 8
vpae
Established Contributor

@sexy_kitten7 wrote:

I never get mail offers either! Even though I've opted into all of the Privacy Notices!

It's because you have so many open tradlines, including at least 1 with each major bank. Typically banks want to recruit new customers vs existing, IMO.

You may have hit your CL limit with a few banks, which prevents instant approval.

Both very valid points, I haven't even considered it. Thank you!

That would explain why Barclay sent me 2 18mo 0% offers, followed up with a 24mo 0% offer, then followed up with the BLACK CARD invitation. Since I don't have a Barclay's card currently. I also got a CreditOne and First Premier offers, lol

Message 6 of 8
john398
Senior Contributor

I get offers for Credit One or so called debt consolidation loans that just go in the shredder to me those offers are worse than not getting any

Message 7 of 8
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

I only get offers from FP or those awful catalogs.  I may as well get nothing. 

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.