Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-approved upgrade from zync to platinum

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-approved upgrade from zync to platinum

Today, when I log in to my account, I got pre-approval to upgrade from zync to platinum. It's weird. I almost sockdrawered my zync since I got better cards. I ran less than $100 on it for the last two months. My income is not that high to really support such lifestyle of platinum holders and $500 AF. Thanks amex but better give me pre-approved for something more useful.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Pre-approved upgrade from zync to platinum

Interesting ~ did they offer you any incentives along with the pre-approval, like waiving AF or bonus MR points ??

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't click the "upgrade" button to see what more benefit I could actually get. Now I log in again and pre-approved page is gone?  

Message 3 of 4
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I didn't click the "upgrade" button to see what more benefit I could actually get. Now I log in again and pre-approved page is gone?  

It's fickle.  Happens like that all the time.  You'll see a couple random offers, log off, log right back in and they're gone.  I doubt there were any incentives for the upgrade.  They do sometimes offer bonus codes for upgrading, but I think you get targeted e-mails for that.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.