Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-qualified for 2 new Chase cards?

tag
kbailey1734
Valued Member

Pre-qualified for 2 new Chase cards?

Been lurking around this forum for quite some time and I am really impressed with all of the knowledge that members have here.  Thank you in advance for your help.  Below are the credit cards that I currently carry:

Personal:  American Express BCE ($2,000) (New card, almost due for my 61 day 3x CLI) | Chase Freedom MC ($900 CL) (5 year old account) | Citi Dividend Visa ($3,600 CL) (5 year old account)
Business:  American Express Gold (2 years old) | Chase Ink Bold World MC (2 years old)

I am 24 and all three credit scores are right around 720.  Never had any missed payments, no baddies of any kind.  My limits are low on my Chase Freedom and Citi Dividend because I have never asked for any CLI since I opened the accounts 5 years ago.  Always just worked with it, and never thought about asking for increases. I recently called Chase and they wanted to do a HP to see if they could increase my Freedom limit.  I told them to not do the HP for now.

I am looking to add a few new personal credit cards to my wallet and filled out my information at the chase pre-qualfiy website.  I took a screenshot of the results (Click this link to view screenshot image - http://i.imgur.com/DliYjJA.png ).  Does this mean that I am pre-qualified for both cards and could apply for both?  I am interested in the Chase Slate because I can transfer some balance to it, but I am also interested in the Chase Sapphire Preferred for the rewards, which I can earn in combination with my existing Chase Freedom.  I also could have Chase do the HP to see if my Freedom limit could be increased?  How would it look if I asked Chase to do 3 hard pulls in one day?  In what order should I do it?

In case it matters, I also have bank accounts with Chase.

I am looking to add 2-3 cards in the next month or two after my Amex passes the 61 day 3x CLI and reports a higher CL to the CB's.  In addition to these cards, I am also looking at getting a Discover IT and Barclaycard Arrival World MC.

Let me know what your thoughts are, thanks for your help!

Best Regards,

Kevin

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Pre-qualified for 2 new Chase cards?

@kbailey1734 wrote:

Been lurking around this forum for quite some time and I am really impressed with all of the knowledge that members have here.  Thank you in advance for your help.  Below are the credit cards that I currently carry:

Personal:  American Express BCE ($2,000) (New card, almost due for my 61 day 3x CLI) | Chase Freedom MC ($900 CL) (5 year old account) | Citi Dividend Visa ($3,600 CL) (5 year old account)
Business:  American Express Gold (2 years old) | Chase Ink Bold World MC (2 years old)

I am 24 and all three credit scores are right around 720.  Never had any missed payments, no baddies of any kind.  My limits are low on my Chase Freedom and Citi Dividend because I have never asked for any CLI since I opened the accounts 5 years ago.  Always just worked with it, and never thought about asking for increases. I recently called Chase and they wanted to do a HP to see if they could increase my Freedom limit.  I told them to not do the HP for now.

I am looking to add a few new personal credit cards to my wallet and filled out my information at the chase pre-qualfiy website.  I took a screenshot of the results (Click this link to view screenshot image - http://i.imgur.com/DliYjJA.png ).  Does this mean that I am pre-qualified for both cards and could apply for both?  I am interested in the Chase Slate because I can transfer some balance to it, but I am also interested in the Chase Sapphire Preferred for the rewards, which I can earn in combination with my existing Chase Freedom.  I also could have Chase do the HP to see if my Freedom limit could be increased?  How would it look if I asked Chase to do 3 hard pulls in one day?  In what order should I do it?

In case it matters, I also have bank accounts with Chase.

I am looking to add 2-3 cards in the next month or two after my Amex passes the 61 day 3x CLI and reports a higher CL to the CB's.  In addition to these cards, I am also looking at getting a Discover IT and Barclaycard Arrival World MC.

Let me know what your thoughts are, thanks for your help!

Best Regards,

Kevin

Yeah it means your pre-qual for both. Chase is pretty good on approving if it shows your pre-qualified. If you go for the CSP the minimum limit they will give you is 5k. Also if you did choose to apply for both it is seperate HP's same with applying and asking for a CLI. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 18
C24Webb
Regular Contributor

You are pre-qualified for both... I had the exact same offers, and I thought the formatting of the CSP offer looked a bit odd but I applied and was approved.  They tripled my highest limit.  I'd say Chase's pre-quals are pretty solid.  

Card/Limit/Opened — Discover it: $27,600 2/14 | Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10,500 7/14 | Banana Republic Visa: $10,000 7/14 | USAA Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $9,000 6/11 | Chase Freedom: $2,000 3/12
History — AAoA: 42 months | Oldest account: 119 months (including AU) | Inquiries: 1 EX 0 EQ 0 TU | Score: 765 (Discover TU) 750 (USAA CreditCheck Monitoring EX FAKO)
Message 3 of 18
kbailey1734
Valued Member

Well I definitely want to apply for the Chase Sapphire Preferred.  I am still thinking about applying for the Chase Slate card for BT as well, but also I would like to increase my Chase Freedom credit limit.  In what order should the following take place?  

1.  Apply for the pre-qualified Chase Sapphire Preferred.

2.  Apply for the pre-qualified Chase Slate.

3.  Ask Chase for a CLI on my existing Chase Freedom. (Requires a HP for CLI)

Or should I skip/wait for the Slate until after my Amex gets it's 3x 61 day CLI?  I am also interested in applying for the Discover IT card and the CIti Diamond Preferred card.  Both also have 0% Intro APR on Purchases and Balace transfers for 15-18 months.  Perhaps I should skip the Chase Slate all together since I dont carry large balances.

Thanks for your help and input.

Message 4 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@kbailey1734 wrote:

Well I definitely want to apply for the Chase Sapphire Preferred.  I am still thinking about applying for the Chase Slate card for BT as well, but also I would like to increase my Chase Freedom credit limit.  In what order should the following take place?  

1.  Apply for the pre-qualified Chase Sapphire Preferred.

2.  Apply for the pre-qualified Chase Slate.

3.  Ask Chase for a CLI on my existing Chase Freedom. (Requires a HP for CLI)

Or should I skip/wait for the Slate until after my Amex gets it's 3x 61 day CLI?  I am also interested in applying for the Discover IT card and the CIti Diamond Preferred card.  Both also have 0% Intro APR on Purchases and Balace transfers for 15-18 months.  Perhaps I should skip the Chase Slate all together since I dont carry large balances.

Thanks for your help and input.

If you need to do a BT, then you should get the Slate over the CSP and take advantage of the $0 BT Fee vs. the citi and discover that will cost you 3%.

Message 5 of 18
kbailey1734
Valued Member

I don't need to do a BT so I think I will just skip the Slate all together.  Would it be wise to apply for the CSP first or ask Chase for a CLI on my Chase freedom first?  Or the order wouldn't matter?  Should it be done on the same day?

Message 6 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@kbailey1734 wrote:

I don't need to do a BT so I think I will just skip the Slate all together.  Would it be wise to apply for the CSP first or ask Chase for a CLI on my Chase freedom first?  Or the order wouldn't matter?  Should it be done on the same day?

App first, you can always allocate funds from the CSP to Freedom. Assuming, your new CL is sufficient enough to open the CSP 

Message 7 of 18
kbailey1734
Valued Member

Thank you for everyones input.  I took my pre-approval and officially applied for the Chase Sapphire Preferred and was approved instantly with a credit line of $6,000.

Message 8 of 18
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

Apply for slate also. Second card usually has the higher limit.
Message 9 of 18
manwoot
Frequent Contributor

@JoshNurse wrote:
Apply for slate also. Second card usually has the higher limit.

Why would he apply for the Slate if he doesn't need it?

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.