Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-qualifying offers

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Pre-qualifying offers

@Anonymous wrote:

On a general level, with your scores, pre approvals should be taken with a grain of salt.

They should be regardless of scores.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pre-qualifying offers

@joedtx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am starting to get credit card offers in the mail. If I accept it, does it count as a hard inquiry? 

On a general level, with your scores, pre approvals should be taken with a grain of salt. I dont know your specific situation but if you have a 600 score and 12k income and get a pre approval for a CSP, it will likely get denied. So beware of marketing unless you know you could qualify without a pre approval. The other commenters are correct, though, that a pre approval in itself is not a hard pull, but when you actuall APPLY, it will be a HP no matter what the outcome. Good luck!

I would be shocked to see THAT approval.

My mother apped for the CSP today with EX FICO of 803 and got 7-10 day message. Meanwhile the wife and I were instapproved with ~680, and 711 FICO's respectively.

Hey Nixon Congrats to you and Mrs on your approvals..... all the best Smiley Happy

Thanks. It turns out it was just a fraud alert. There was NO way they're going to deny her app when she's getting CSP mailers weekly, is prequalified on the site AND to boot has those scores.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.