Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre screened offers continue

tag
jake619
Frequent Contributor

Re: Pre screened offers continue

I know the feeling.  I used to have killer credit - messed that up.  Forever I didn't get any mailers, almost as if I opted out.  Just the other day I got the Matrix garbage myself.  I literally LOL'd as I read the fee table.  It was brutal.

I don't think the type of offer is as telling as the fact you (and I) seem to be attracting interest again.  It can't be a bad thing (unless you app for Matrix) Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 47
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

@visorboy1974 wrote:

@astritaho1979 wrote:

Dont pay attention when they tell you 700 is a good score.Yea ok you can get credit like 2k limit and all that but if you had like 740 you could get more like 15k limits.Now thats the difference.Now my friend i dont wanna be hursh on you but thats the honest truth

I'm barely at 700 (with a BK7 on my reports) and have 8 major credit cards with an average of $13,500 limit.  Did I slip through the cracks?  Obviously YMMV...every profile differs.      

iam glad you have a good limits

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
*LOWES $6K *CMN BANK $5.2K-*PNC $5K*SCLUB DISC. $5K*
WMART DISC.4K*CMN BANK 3.75K*BANK OF AMERICA $3K* MACYS $2.2K*
JCP $1.8*TARGET $0.7K* UTL1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/
Transunion 718 Equifax 733- Experian 736
Message 12 of 47
lylesvegas
Contributor

LOL..... This guy is cracking me up !!!!!!!!!

Amex BCE...Amex ED...Barclay WMC...Priceline Rewards Visa...Cap One Venture...Total Rewards Visa...Wells Fargo Visa...Discover IT...Pay Pal Smart Connect...Overstock Store Card...Lowe's Store Card

Message 13 of 47
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@astritaho1979 wrote:

Dont pay attention when they tell you 700 is a good score.Yea ok you can get credit like 2k limit and all that but if you had like 740 you could get more like 15k limits.Now thats the difference.Now my friend i dont wanna be hursh on you but thats the honest truth

You are aware more goes into a CL assignment than FICO, right?  BTW - you're about to start a flame war...

Message 14 of 47
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

@jake619 wrote:

@astritaho1979 wrote:

You are aware more goes into a CL assignment than FICO, right?  BTW - you're about to start a flame war...

are you refering to me or its just what you just said dont make any sense for real

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
Message 15 of 47
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@astritaho1979 wrote:

@jake619 wrote:

@astritaho1979 wrote:

are you refering to me or its just what you just said dont make any sense for real

You might want to read your sentence before you try to rip on someone else's grammar.  Smiley Tongue

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 16 of 47
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@astritaho1979 wrote:

@jake619 wrote:

@astritaho1979 wrote:

Talk about who makes no sense... grammar matters.  Yes, I was referring to you.  You're implying a FICO score drives CL's.  I'm telling you more goes into it than that.  You can start with income and work your way through the other non-financial metrics such as employment.

Message 17 of 47
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

@visorboy1974 wrote:

@astritaho1979 wrote:

@jake619 wrote:

@astritaho1979 wrote:

You might want to read your sentence before you try to rip on someone else's grammar.  Smiley Tongue

This guy is a real character. Every thread he joins or creates...ends with a "Locked Thread and Under Moderator Review."

As for the OP: Your scores are good...some people are just grumpy. 

Message 18 of 47
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

@jake619 wrote:

@astritaho1979 wrote:

@jake619 wrote:

@astritaho1979 wrote:

Talk about who makes no sense... grammar matters.  Yes, I was referring to you.  You're implying a FICO score drives CL's.  I'm telling you more goes into it than that.  You can start with income and work your way through the other non-financial metrics such as employment.

I am not going to get in to a Vague philosophical debate with you right now.I was sugesting to the po here in to what is the best course of action in his situtation

I really dont need you to tell me how is my grammar in to this forum.Have a nice day

Message 19 of 47
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:
Got pre-screened offer in mail today for first national of Omaha (second pre-screen from them) and Matrix discover (with a stellar 27% apr).

At least they are still coming in. Nothing from Chase, Citi, Barclays or Amex yet.

It sure is a nice feeling to get pre approved offers, isnt it? I think it is only a matter of time before you start getting from the above mentioned lenders!

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.