NFCU 25k
Amex BCP 8.8k
Amex Delta 6k
Discover it. 6k
Walmart Disc 5.4k
Freedom 1.5k
Chase amaz 2k

Pretty good limits for my "low" scores

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 47
VWTUNER
Contributor

Re: Pre screened offers continue

duncan, how long did it take you to get the WM discovery? I have a store version and would like to upgrade it but I dont want a hp.

current cards
WM store
Cap1 platinum
WF secured
Amazon Chase Smiley Happy
Gardening since 12/20/2012
Message 22 of 47
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@dun 

you know your scores are good! 

my amex pull was higher with a high loan to balance ratio. 

ive gotten pre approvals from discover, cap one, and my favorite credit one. oh almost forgot first premier. 

have not recieved anything from boa(my bank since i was 17), amex, chase(have the freedom), citi etc.... 

even though i know my credit profile would qualify after i drop my util from 18% to under 9% (paying macy's card friday)

stick with the garden and all will come! (about to hit my half way mark for my silver spade on saturday)

(as soon as some of those drapping inq age lol)

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 23 of 47
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@VWTUNER wrote:

duncan, how long did it take you to get the WM discovery? I have a store version and would like to upgrade it but I dont want a hp.

I got it when I applied out of the gate.  Started with 1.8 CL (odd number).  My TU at the time of approval was around 702 Walmart TU score.

Message 24 of 47
android01
Valued Contributor

Come to think of it, I rarely get any pre-approvals or pre-screened offers.  The exception is for business cards from lenders where I already have a personal account.  Chase and USbank in particular.  I get a ton of insurance company mailers though.  I also get a ton of balance transfer checks for my existing TL's.  I got one pre-approval offer  5-6 months ago for a Barclay Visa Black card, but I wasn't interested.   

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 25 of 47
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:
Got pre-screened offer in mail today for first national of Omaha (second pre-screen from them) and Matrix discover (with a stellar 27% apr).

At least they are still coming in. Nothing from Chase, Citi, Barclays or Amex yet.

I know its like opening a present and seeing whats inside. Smiley Very Happy I love when I get them 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 26 of 47
beb86
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:
Got pre-screened offer in mail today for first national of Omaha (second pre-screen from them) and Matrix discover (with a stellar 27% apr).

At least they are still coming in. Nothing from Chase, Citi, Barclays or Amex yet.

I got a GREAT offer the other day...a Merrick bank DYL(double your limit) card....start with $700 and after 6 months it will double to $1400...but with an extreme apr...like 23% and $4 per month in AF I was like uhh no thank you...

Message 27 of 47
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Duncanrr wrote:
Just to add fuel to fire:

NFCU 25k
Amex BCP 8.8k
Amex Delta 6k
Discover it. 6k
Walmart Disc 5.4k
Freedom 1.5k
Chase amaz 2k

I think you aren't getting pre-screens from Amex / Chase because you have all the products that they're likely to pitch you at the moment.

Also at least with Amex. you have recently acquired a few products; there's no real sense for a lender to pitch someone new pre-approvals when that individual has already wrapped their arms around said lender Smiley Happy.

        
Message 28 of 47
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:

NFCU 25k
Amex BCP 8.8k
Amex Delta 6k
Discover it. 6k
Walmart Disc 5.4k
Freedom 1.5k
Chase amaz 2k

I think you aren't getting pre-screens from Amex / Chase because you have all the products that they're likely to pitch you at the moment.

Also at least with Amex. you have recently acquired a few products; there's no real sense for a lender to pitch someone new pre-approvals when that individual has already wrapped their arms around said lender Smiley Happy.

Your probably right.  I need to tease them a little by snuggling up to my new Discover card and NFCU.  Make them want me.  (maybe show a little "credit leg")

Message 29 of 47
beb86
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:

NFCU 25k
Amex BCP 8.8k
Amex Delta 6k
Discover it. 6k
Walmart Disc 5.4k
Freedom 1.5k
Chase amaz 2k

Your probably right.  I need to tease them a little by snuggling up to my new Discover card and NFCU.  Make them want me.  (maybe show a little "credit leg")

Bahaha...I have ran up and paid off my Disco it twice this month..Im trying to get that starbuck gc haha

Message 30 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.