Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,857
Registered: ‎06-08-2012
0

Re: Pre screened offers continue

Just to add fuel to fire:

NFCU 25k
Amex BCP 8.8k
Amex Delta 6k
Discover it. 6k
Walmart Disc 5.4k
Freedom 1.5k
Chase amaz 2k


Pretty good limits for my "low" scores


Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
Posts: 75
Registered: ‎11-12-2012
0

Re: Pre screened offers continue

duncan, how long did it take you to get the WM discovery? I have a store version and would like to upgrade it but I dont want a hp.

current cards
WM store
Cap1 platinum
WF secured
Amazon Chase :smileyhappy:
Gardening since 12/20/2012
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,273
Registered: ‎07-23-2012
0

Re: Pre screened offers continue

@dun 

you know your scores are good! 

my amex pull was higher with a high loan to balance ratio. 

 

 

ive gotten pre approvals from discover, cap one, and my favorite credit one. oh almost forgot first premier. 

have not recieved anything from boa(my bank since i was 17), amex, chase(have the freedom), citi etc.... 

 

even though i know my credit profile would qualify after i drop my util from 18% to under 9% (paying macy's card friday)

 

stick with the garden and all will come! (about to hit my half way mark for my silver spade on saturday)

(as soon as some of those drapping inq age lol)

Current: Discover Fico 709 3/15 Walmart Fico 743 4/15

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 6 TU 1 EX 6 | Most Recent: 4/09/2015
Over 12 Months:9


2015 Goals:
Lower Utility
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$6,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,857
Registered: ‎06-08-2012
0

Re: Pre screened offers continue


VWTUNER wrote:

duncan, how long did it take you to get the WM discovery? I have a store version and would like to upgrade it but I dont want a hp.


I got it when I applied out of the gate.  Started with 1.8 CL (odd number).  My TU at the time of approval was around 702 Walmart TU score.



Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,275
Registered: ‎09-22-2009
0

Re: Pre screened offers continue

Come to think of it, I rarely get any pre-approvals or pre-screened offers.  The exception is for business cards from lenders where I already have a personal account.  Chase and USbank in particular.  I get a ton of insurance company mailers though.  I also get a ton of balance transfer checks for my existing TL's.  I got one pre-approval offer  5-6 months ago for a Barclay Visa Black card, but I wasn't interested.   

EQ FICO - EQ08 - 850 - 01/01/15
TU FICO - TU08 - 850 - 01/01/15
EX FICO - EX08 - 850 - 01/01/15
EX FICO - V2 - 840 - 01/01/15
EQ FICO - EQ04 - 818 - 01/01/15
EQ FICO - Bankcard Enhanced 8 - 885 - 1/24/15
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,524
Registered: ‎08-17-2008
0

Re: Pre screened offers continue


Duncanrr wrote:
Got pre-screened offer in mail today for first national of Omaha (second pre-screen from them) and Matrix discover (with a stellar 27% apr).

At least they are still coming in. Nothing from Chase, Citi, Barclays or Amex yet.

I know its like opening a present and seeing whats inside. :smileyvery-happy: I love when I get them 


$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,115
Registered: ‎10-31-2011
0

Re: Pre screened offers continue


Duncanrr wrote:
Got pre-screened offer in mail today for first national of Omaha (second pre-screen from them) and Matrix discover (with a stellar 27% apr).

At least they are still coming in. Nothing from Chase, Citi, Barclays or Amex yet.

I got a GREAT offer the other day...a Merrick bank DYL(double your limit) card....start with $700 and after 6 months it will double to $1400...but with an extreme apr...like 23% and $4 per month in AF I was like uhh no thank you...

ccpics2.jpg
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 10,924
Registered: ‎12-30-2011
0

Re: Pre screened offers continue


Duncanrr wrote:
Just to add fuel to fire:

NFCU 25k
Amex BCP 8.8k
Amex Delta 6k
Discover it. 6k
Walmart Disc 5.4k
Freedom 1.5k
Chase amaz 2k


Pretty good limits for my "low" scores

I think you aren't getting pre-screens from Amex / Chase because you have all the products that they're likely to pitch you at the moment.

 

Also at least with Amex. you have recently acquired a few products; there's no real sense for a lender to pitch someone new pre-approvals when that individual has already wrapped their arms around said lender :smileyhappy:.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 693, EQ 8 685, TU 705, EX 709 (02/27/15)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ 04 (01/01/16)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,857
Registered: ‎06-08-2012
0

Re: Pre screened offers continue


Revelate wrote:

Duncanrr wrote:
Just to add fuel to fire:

NFCU 25k
Amex BCP 8.8k
Amex Delta 6k
Discover it. 6k
Walmart Disc 5.4k
Freedom 1.5k
Chase amaz 2k


Pretty good limits for my "low" scores

I think you aren't getting pre-screens from Amex / Chase because you have all the products that they're likely to pitch you at the moment.

 

Also at least with Amex. you have recently acquired a few products; there's no real sense for a lender to pitch someone new pre-approvals when that individual has already wrapped their arms around said lender :smileyhappy:.


Your probably right.  I need to tease them a little by snuggling up to my new Discover card and NFCU.  Make them want me.  (maybe show a little "credit leg")



Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,115
Registered: ‎10-31-2011
0

Re: Pre screened offers continue


Duncanrr wrote:

Revelate wrote:

Duncanrr wrote:
Just to add fuel to fire:

NFCU 25k
Amex BCP 8.8k
Amex Delta 6k
Discover it. 6k
Walmart Disc 5.4k
Freedom 1.5k
Chase amaz 2k


Pretty good limits for my "low" scores

I think you aren't getting pre-screens from Amex / Chase because you have all the products that they're likely to pitch you at the moment.

 

Also at least with Amex. you have recently acquired a few products; there's no real sense for a lender to pitch someone new pre-approvals when that individual has already wrapped their arms around said lender :smileyhappy:.


Your probably right.  I need to tease them a little by snuggling up to my new Discover card and NFCU.  Make them want me.  (maybe show a little "credit leg")


Bahaha...I have ran up and paid off my Disco it twice this month..Im trying to get that starbuck gc haha

ccpics2.jpg
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.