Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-selected for Blue Sky, but want BCE

tag
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

Re: Pre-selected for Blue Sky, but want BCE

Thanks for the input everyone.  The only thing that's really bothering me right now is the targeted signup bonus.  Oh, decisions, decisions, lol.

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 11 of 28
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Mustangfrank wrote:

This was my recent experience which might help:

I was Pre-Selected for the Blue Skys and I applied for the BCE and was instantly approved.

At the time  I applied (Two Months Ago) I had Fico's in the low 700's  and a thin credit History of only eight Months.

No Negatives on my record.

What I did was PIF and kepth usage under 10%

hmm 8 months? 

what were your inq's looking like? 

i should be a shoe in in jan/ feb then for the bce =) 

already have a zync so would be soft pull if denied. 

but good look op on the app. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 12 of 28
Mustangfrank
Regular Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

@Mustangfrank wrote:

This was my recent experience which might help:

I was Pre-Selected for the Blue Skys and I applied for the BCE and was instantly approved.

At the time  I applied (Two Months Ago) I had Fico's in the low 700's  and a thin credit History of only eight Months.

No Negatives on my record.

What I did was PIF and kepth usage under 10%

hmm 8 months? 

what were your inq's looking like? 

i should be a shoe in in jan/ feb then for the bce =) 

already have a zync so would be soft pull if denied. 

but good look op on the app. 

I had 2 inq's with EX at the time I applied and was approved for the BCE

Amex pulled EX in NY

Amex Zync NPSL 9/12, Amex CostcoTrue Earnings $10K 9/12
Amex BCE $3K 9/12 (Amex Back Dated to 1983)
Chase Sapphire Preferred $17K 11/12, Chase Freedom $7K 11/12
Discover More $750 11/12
CapitalOne Platinum Secured Card 2K 2/12 (Closed 12/12)
FICO: EQ = 804 EX = 802(Amex) TU = 801(Discover)
Message 13 of 28
bribro
Valued Contributor

I'm pretty sure the underwriting criteria for BCE vs. Blue Sky are very similar, if not identical.

I had a very similar situation to you OP - I had my eyes set on the BCE and just as I was about to pull the trigger I serendipitously received a targetted offer in the mail for the AmEx Blue Sky. They were offering me 40k bonus points (equivalent to $500) after a $500 minimum spend, which was just too good to pass up. So I applied, got approved for $10k (later did the 61 day CLI to $22.5k), then spent almost exactly $500 on a flight to NYC (so it ended up being free) and have had the card laying in my SD ever since. AmEx probably hates me. Smiley Happy

I've been meaning to PC my Blue Sky to the BCE, but I think I'll just wait until next year to apply for a different card (to optimize backdating) and get another signup bonus.

You can read more details of my situation here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Rec-d-Targeted-AmEx-Blue-Sky-Offer-Update-APPROVED/td-p...

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 14 of 28
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

So I decided to apply for the BCE like two minutes ago.  I got this message right after I applied:

"Thank you for applying for the Blue Cash Everyday from American Express. Your application has been received and will be processed as soon as possible and we will notify you of the decision by mail within 14 days. Thank you for applying."

And then I went to the application status check thing immediately afterwards and...DAMN THAT WAS FAST!  I still haven't even received an email confirmation, but hey, this all happened in the last two minutes, lol.  And again, thanks for the input everyone!  Despite the tempting bonus offer for the Blue Sky, BCE still benefits me the most at this moment. Smiley Happy

11/22/12
BLUE CASH EVERYDAY(SM)
Approved
Congratulations! Your application has been approved and you should receive your new card within 7-10 days.
If you requested a balance transfer to this card, click here to view the status of that transfer
AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 15 of 28
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!!  Well done.  You might consider a PC to the BCP at some point. 6 percent back for groceries can't be beat and would cover the AF for sure. At any rate, enjoy your card!  Post the CLI if you get a chance.

Message 16 of 28
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

How does the CLI work?  Was it 61 days before I can click the luv button?  And its a soft pull for CLIs right?

Message 17 of 28
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

Actually, I meant post the CL. Smiley Happy But the CLI is a soft pull I believe. I haven't requested mine yet, so not sure exactly how its done.

Message 18 of 28
Mustangfrank
Regular Contributor

There you go.

Use it well.

Amex Zync NPSL 9/12, Amex CostcoTrue Earnings $10K 9/12
Amex BCE $3K 9/12 (Amex Back Dated to 1983)
Chase Sapphire Preferred $17K 11/12, Chase Freedom $7K 11/12
Discover More $750 11/12
CapitalOne Platinum Secured Card 2K 2/12 (Closed 12/12)
FICO: EQ = 804 EX = 802(Amex) TU = 801(Discover)
Message 19 of 28
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

Holy cow, my Discover JUST reported today!  Good thing I applied yesterday lol!

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.