Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre selected letter fro Barclay

tag
raydmercer2345
Regular Contributor

Re: Pre selected letter fro Barclay

Well, I called Experian last night to see about them removing the only collection left on my report since there was only 2 months before it fell off (7 year limit). They submitted a dispute. I got an email from them saying it had been deleted early this morning. YEA!!!!! I just bought an updated fico report and score and my Experian score jumped from 675 to 734! WOW! I only have a couple of inquiries experian because I tried to stay away from applying with anyone that would pull them since it was my lowest score.  Im looking to apply for a couple of cards that only pull Experian and are known for giving out high initial limits. From what I hear that would probably be AMEX,CITI,or CHASE. Can anyone led me in the right direction as to what specific cards I would have the best chance at for the highest initial limits? My stats are below. THANKS SO MUCH!!!

EQUIFAX FICO: 736

TRANSUION FICO: 745 (barclay fico is 765)

EXPERIAN FICO: 734

NFCU CASHREWARDS: 19K (opened in august)

NFCU GO REWARDS: 1K (will ask for cli after 3 statements) (hasnt reported yet) (opened in late september)

NFCU CHECKING LOC: 15K

Diners Club: 20k (hasnt reported yet) (opened in october)

Barclay Rewards: $2500

Credit One: 1k

Discover It: 1k

Capital One: $750

Wells Fargo: $300

AAOA: 1.7 years

5% total utilization

One baddie on Equifax from almost 7 years ago. (in dispute)

Chexsystems: Frozen

Message 21 of 24
taxi818
Super Contributor

@raydmercer2345 wrote:

Ok Thanks! I think NFCU and Diners Club spoiled me after giving me 20k limit instant approvals each. Are there any others that will come close to these initial limits? 

nasa was giving crazy limits. nasa fed credit union. but i think they ran out of money. since my fico members hit em up. it was a flood of apps. Smiley Very Happy

Message 22 of 24
raydmercer2345
Regular Contributor

Yea ive been seeing a lot of post about NASA but I also heard they pull Chexsystems. I have a couple of baddies on there from 2009 that fall off in a couple of months. So wasnt to sure I wanted to take that leap. Still considering it but I want a few more days of research and see what people are saying.

Message 23 of 24
JSS3
Valued Contributor

It appears from the responses, or rather, lack of responses, no one has been pre-selected to apply for Barclays then got denied.  That's a plus for Barclays.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.