Re: PreApprovals

Nice spread of pre-approvals! Definitely doing something right. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 11 of 18
cambridgegrad

Hey All,

Were these pre-approvals or invitations to apply? I received an invitation to apply from Chase Freedom but I am nervous to apply because I don't know if I am going to be approved. I have a number of hard inquiries and I can't risk getting another one without getting approved for the card. 

Starting Score: Feb 2013: EQ 659 TU 668
Current Score: April 2013: EQ 693 (FICO) TU 685 (FICO)
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Discover It $1700 Amex Green Card Chase Freedom $2500 JC Penney $1300 Walmart $1400 Capital One $750 Citbank $1000
Message 12 of 18
john398
Senior Contributor

@cambridgegrad wrote:

Hey All,

Were these pre-approvals or invitations to apply? I received an invitation to apply from Chase Freedom but I am nervous to apply because I don't know if I am going to be approved. I have a number of hard inquiries and I can't risk getting another one without getting approved for the card. 

Hi Cambridgegrad, there is a chase pre approval site you can check to see if you are actually preapproved with no risk

Message 13 of 18
cambridgegrad

Got it! Thanks for the reply! 

Discover It $1700 Amex Green Card Chase Freedom $2500 JC Penney $1300 Walmart $1400 Capital One $750 Citbank $1000
Message 14 of 18
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@cambridgegrad wrote:

Hey All,

I should have been more cautious in my post.  The Chase was in fact an invitation to apply.  They SP'd me on 2/5 (First USA).  When I go to Chase.com and click YOUR SPECIAL OFFERS it comes up blank.  Interestingly, when I click CHECK FOR MAILED OFFERS it, too, comes up blank.  Go figure.

Message 15 of 18
cambridgegrad

@jake619 wrote:

@cambridgegrad wrote:

Hey All,

I should have been more cautious in my post.  The Chase was in fact an invitation to apply.  They SP'd me on 2/5 (First USA).  When I go to Chase.com and click YOUR SPECIAL OFFERS it comes up blank.  Interestingly, when I click CHECK FOR MAILED OFFERS it, too, comes up blank.  Go figure.

Okay thanks for the clarification. I am still quite hestitant to apply but it's one of the best cards in the market and it has no annual fee. I think I might take the plundge and apply. 

Message 16 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@cambridgegrad wrote:

@jake619 wrote:

@cambridgegrad wrote:

Hey All,

Okay thanks for the clarification. I am still quite hestitant to apply but it's one of the best cards in the market and it has no annual fee. I think I might take the plundge and apply. 

Keep us posted. Good luck if you decide to pull the trigger. 

Message 17 of 18
cambridgegrad

I totally pulled it!!!!

Got approved for $2,500 the highest credit limit to date Smiley Happy

But no more applications till next year! 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.