Re: PreApprovals

Nice spread of pre-approvals! Definitely doing something right. :smileyhappy:

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 816 EX 780 TU 823
App free since 4/11/13
cambridgegrad

Hey All,

Were these pre-approvals or invitations to apply? I received an invitation to apply from Chase Freedom but I am nervous to apply because I don't know if I am going to be approved. I have a number of hard inquiries and I can't risk getting another one without getting approved for the card. 

Starting Score: Feb 2013: EQ 659 TU 668
Current Score: April 2013: EQ 693 (FICO) TU 685 (FICO)
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Discover It $1700 Amex Green Card Chase Freedom $2500 JC Penney $1300 Walmart $1400 Capital One $750 Citbank $1000
Senior Contributor
john398

cambridgegrad wrote:

Hey All,

Were these pre-approvals or invitations to apply? I received an invitation to apply from Chase Freedom but I am nervous to apply because I don't know if I am going to be approved. I have a number of hard inquiries and I can't risk getting another one without getting approved for the card. 

Hi Cambridgegrad, there is a chase pre approval site you can check to see if you are actually preapproved with no risk

cambridgegrad

Got it! Thanks for the reply! 

Discover It $1700 Amex Green Card Chase Freedom $2500 JC Penney $1300 Walmart $1400 Capital One $750 Citbank $1000
Frequent Contributor
jake619

cambridgegrad wrote:

Hey All,

I should have been more cautious in my post.  The Chase was in fact an invitation to apply.  They SP'd me on 2/5 (First USA).  When I go to Chase.com and click YOUR SPECIAL OFFERS it comes up blank.  Interestingly, when I click CHECK FOR MAILED OFFERS it, too, comes up blank.  Go figure.

GangnamFICO wrote:

Because the chicks dig it when I throw down the card to the waiter and...it comes in handy if I'm short on cash until payday and need a short spot. AMEX gets the booty, and that's important when you're a Pirate.

Minor vulgarity edit --Rev

cambridgegrad

jake619 wrote:

cambridgegrad wrote:

Hey All,

I should have been more cautious in my post.  The Chase was in fact an invitation to apply.  They SP'd me on 2/5 (First USA).  When I go to Chase.com and click YOUR SPECIAL OFFERS it comes up blank.  Interestingly, when I click CHECK FOR MAILED OFFERS it, too, comes up blank.  Go figure.

Okay thanks for the clarification. I am still quite hestitant to apply but it's one of the best cards in the market and it has no annual fee. I think I might take the plundge and apply. 

09Lexie

cambridgegrad wrote:

jake619 wrote:

cambridgegrad wrote:

Hey All,

Okay thanks for the clarification. I am still quite hestitant to apply but it's one of the best cards in the market and it has no annual fee. I think I might take the plundge and apply. 

Keep us posted. Good luck if you decide to pull the trigger. 

cambridgegrad

I totally pulled it!!!!

Got approved for $2,500 the highest credit limit to date :smileyhappy:

But no more applications till next year! 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}