Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PreQualified Slate Offer

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PreQualified Slate Offer

Like don't go applying for more Chase cards.
Message 21 of 41
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Credit Curiosity

That sums it up pretty good enough i think.

If i wait until the next SP then maybe the APR that they offer can be an easier one to accept.

At least (i think) the SLATE is sitting on the table for the choosing anytime this summer. 

Message 22 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:
Like don't go applying for more Chase cards.

For like...A year...huh. Smiley Happy

The plan is PC's for me. Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 41
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Or longer. Of course I have to proof that 6 is the magic number, but it seems that's one thing that gets unwanted attention from Chase. I need to start thinking about what to close. Amazon is at the top of the list.
Message 24 of 41
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Thanks again all for helping me take the right course and make the best decisions.

Happy Easter Everyone!

Message 25 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

uu8.jpg

Should i Bite? Would you?

And what about the AARP card?

Will this offer still be around in July?

Thoughts, opinions, or suggestions welcome.

FICO 702 AVG. AAOA = ???

2 new comenity accounts this month alone, 1 HP & 1SP (EQ i assume)

You have a good chance, go for it Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Check next month or a few weeks down the line, they lower the APR% on future softs...  When I use to get the slate pop-up that was the APR I got.. Last time I had the popup it was a better tier of APR%..  I would hold off now IMO on it and wait for them to give you a better apr

Ding ding ding!

Besides the fact that I'm supposed to be gardening, remembering this is helping to keep me there, despite it being my first major bank pre-qual. 22.9% shouldn't matter since I should be PIF monthly, but part of the reason I want to build my credit is so I don't have to freak out if I occasionally do have to carry a balance. Yes, there will be better cards for this, but that doesn't mean I can't try for lower APRs when they're available.

Message 27 of 41
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Hey board! Here's something else that comes to mind and i'm sure some of you have done it.

Which card would be a better fit for taking the limit from and transferring it to whatever limit i might get on the Slate just in case it's needed as a prop on Utility when doing a BT.

The CSP with 5K ($95 AF) or 3K (No AF) Freedom.

I would like to keep the 5% Freedom but realize that Discover offers same categories too.

Message 28 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Hey board! Here's something else that comes to mind and i'm sure some of you have done it.

Which card would be a better fit for taking the limit from and transferring it to whatever limit i might get on the Slate just in case it's needed as a prop on Utility when doing a BT.

I would like to keep the 5% Freedom but realize that Discover offers same categories too.

Depends...How much do you value the CSP?

Message 29 of 41
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Depends...How much do you value the CSP?

The better question might be is how much i value a decent limit BT card.

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.