Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preapprovals check website

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Preapprovals check website

@Bman70 wrote:

OK went ahead and it gave me a slew of BofA cards, Cap1 Venture cards, some FP Bank options, and Simmons FV Platinum + Platinum rewards. Hmm no Amex or Discover at all, even though I've been getting them in the mail regularly.

I got same cards pretty much ,I wonder how they come up with cards.do they actually soft pull you or what? Or are the cards they offer you the ones that are paying them to have their cards show up 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 11 of 13
Bman70
Established Contributor

It honestly seems a bit like shotgunning, because one of the FP Bank options was for "less than perfect credit," but the Simmons were for "excellent credit only." Covering the gamut. Most of the others were BofA and Cap1 - the two lenders I already have cards with, maybe they figured that out. 

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 12 of 13
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@Bman70 wrote:

It honestly seems a bit like shotgunning, because one of the FP Bank options was for "less than perfect credit," but the Simmons were for "excellent credit only." Covering the gamut. Most of the others were BofA and Cap1 - the two lenders I already have cards with, maybe they figured that out. 

it does seem rather peculiar that one of the toughest cards to crack in all of the credit card universe is RIGHT NEXT to one of the easiest cards to get...

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.