Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preapproved for CSP in Branch...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Preapproved for CSP in Branch...

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got the same 300 offer from chase. The catch is if you deposit a minimum of 15k into the checking acct. 

Ours might be slightly different, mine was $300 for opening the checking account and setting up direct deposit (within 60 days) and another $200 (for a total of $500) for opening a savings account with a $15,000 deposit...

Oz

Message 11 of 15
ddemari
Super Contributor

Op I would have pulled the trigger, from what chase bankers have told me those preapprovals are solid and if ther are any problems, they will call up the credit department and figure it out for u.
Message 12 of 15
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got the same 300 offer from chase. The catch is if you deposit a minimum of 15k into the checking acct. 

Ours might be slightly different, mine was $300 for opening the checking account and setting up direct deposit (within 60 days) and another $200 (for a total of $500) for opening a savings account with a $15,000 deposit...

Oz

Got this exact offer in the mail as well

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 13 of 15
sponge_gto
New Contributor

OP, please do not apply for the CSP or you will be wasting an HP. I have personal experience that pre-approvals will appear in spite of the 5/24 rule which will still automatically result in a declined app. The banker has little to no say on the approval procedure so he won't be able to help you much at all. One possibility that I have not seen data points on is the "special consideration" process where you establish a deposit of more than $10k in your checking account and ask the banker to file some forms for you. That process can be leveraged to grant you credit cards when you have absolutely zero credit history but I do not have any idea if it can override the 5/24 rule.

Amex: EDP, Platinum, SPG, Delta Gold; Chase: United no-AF, CSR, FU, IHG, Freedom; US Bank: Club Carlson Premier, Fidelity; Barclay: Rewards, SM; Discover: IT; Cap. One: Quicksilver; BoA: BBR; Consumers CU: Cash Rebates Siggy
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

got the same offer and opened joint checking for DW and I. First direct deposit came in, $300 2 biz days later and promptly sent back Freedom's way Smiley Happy

Anyway, since then decided to go for some new CCs. Got approved for British Airways - I had maybe 5 INQs from Chase alone in the last 2 months between Freedom, United and CLI app on Ritz Carlton. No go - max credit they can extend to me. Surprise surprise - approved.

Quite possibly having a deposit account makes a difference but I'll only be able to say that with much conviction if, and only if they approve my pending United app. DW also approved for United, higher SL than Freedom and CSP.

I would totally app, but maybe after that first direct deposit goes in. (Maybe a way to verify income without asking, or maybe the timing was purely coincidental for us)
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.