cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preapproved for Platinum Delta SkyMiles?

tag
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Preapproved for Platinum Delta SkyMiles?

Farting around on AMEX site and lo and behold I'm preapproved for Plat Delta? Really?! Do I bite or let it go? I'm actually shocked as this is the first regular revolver that ever popped up preapproved there for me.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
vish1
Valued Contributor

Re: Preapproved for Platinum Delta SkyMiles?

It has a 150 AF, you need to evaluate if its worth 150 for you.

I personally dont evaluate if I get 150 worth of rewards or not. I calculate if I will get atleast 150 more in rewards than I would have with my Chase Freedom

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 2 of 7
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

yeah. i got this too about 3 weeks ago and only popped up for one log in session only. let me know if comes back with your next log in session.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 3 of 7
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Vish, it isn't so much that I'm thrilled about paying an AF (though I do pay 2), it was a totally random preapproval. I've see Platinum and Zync but never for a revolver.

Scott: I log in this morning and nothing. All gone.

An odd random event perhaps?

Message 4 of 7
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@MrShush wrote:

Vish, it isn't so much that I'm thrilled about paying an AF (though I do pay 2), it was a totally random preapproval. I've see Platinum and Zync but never for a revolver.

Scott: I log in this morning and nothing. All gone.

An odd random event perhaps?

This seems to be the way the pre-approval site works once you are already a member.  I feel like once you already have an Amex, the pre-approvals are more about what product they are trying to market than anything else.  I had pre-approvals for two of the Delta cards a few weeks ago as well, and it also only happened on one log-in session (well, I don't know for sure because I don't check that often, but it was gone the next time I checked).  I'm guessing that if you were pre-approved for the card, and nothing major has changed in your report since the pre-approval, you still stand a very good chance even if you apply without the pre-approval link.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Odd. I really just want the new Blue offerings. Why couldn't I get the preapproval for that?! I just got my Blue in February but now with the new ones, they are more my speed!

Message 6 of 7
vish1
Valued Contributor

When I log into my amex account, I keep seeing pre approved offers ON & OFF. I have seen pre approved offers for platinum, a few deltas (including platinum), green etc.

Those offers come and go at their own, duno why...

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.