Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preapproved for total rewards visa.. question

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Preapproved for total rewards visa.. question

@Anonymous wrote:

That is very lucky! I asked when I first got my card and they said none were available, to check back. It is great that you had one with a brand new card!

Good info about them coming around a few times a year, thank you. Was there a place in your account that the offer showed up in particular?

was showing for awhile at the bottom of the screen after you login as like a banner type thing.  Also the APR after the 0% promo was even a lower APR as well than my normal one for rest of balance if you were to do it

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

was showing for awhile at the bottom of the screen after you login as like a banner type thing.  Also the APR after the 0% promo was even a lower APR as well than my normal one for rest of balance if you were to do it

Thank you CC! It is really interesting to know that your regular APR was lowered too after the 0%. Nice feature.

Message 12 of 17
Klesko
Regular Contributor

I got this card in Jan after being pre approved via my total rewards login. I got a 10.5k Initial credit limit, hit the CL button a few times to get to a 13.5k limit. I hit it again 3 months later and have a 18.5k limit now. I used it to get the 10k bonus but outside of that I have not used it at all. I do visit Vegas 1-3 times a year and my local Harrahs a few times but I rarely pay for anything while there due to mostly being comped. 

I would love to see a 0% balance transfer offer on the card though. 

Penfed Visa 10k | Penfed PLOC 25k | Citi Hhonors 10k | Total Rewards Visa $25k | Alliant Visa $15k | Barclays Arrival + $13k | Barclays AAdvantage $5k | Barclays Apple $2.2k | CapOne QS WMC $26.5k | CapOne QS $5k | CapOne Plat $5k | Discover 8.5k | Allegacy Visa $6k | DCU Visa $7.5k | Best Buy Visa $11k | Lowes Store Card $30k | Walmart Store Card $10k | Amazon Store Card $25k
Message 13 of 17
ddemari
Super Contributor

NIce job on getting that pop up though! I have been been trying a log time on my total rewards account for it! 

Message 14 of 17
onstar
Established Contributor

First, I want to also confirm two things people have already said and add a couple of remarks. (1) The Signature is not guaranteed. I saw the same pop up when I was making my last Vegas reservation, thought I'd be getting the Sig if my CL was high enough, but I didn't get it even though the SL was $7000. (2) The Platinum status is crap.

QUESTION: Has anyone spent $10K on this card and received the VIP Access? The TR site says this will give you the VIP Diamond Line access and some other perks but nothing about actually becoming Diamond status. I'm assuming you're still Platinum status but are just allowed a few of the Diamond perks. Is this correct? And the wording on the TR site makes it seem like this is just a one time deal and not something you can do year after year, since the VIP Access expires 12 months from the date of issue.

Like many hotel cards, if you stay at the Caesar's properties a lot, then this is a great card. If not, then not.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 15 of 17
iwazl71
Frequent Contributor

I got the card because it was just SP and used the points for free stay at the hotel. I kept the card because the credit limit increased from 10k to 30k in less than 18 months with just SP. 

Scores: EQ 796, EX 790, TU 807
Personal and Business Cards: 31 with 763k
High Limit Cards: CSP 50k | BoA Cash 81k | NFCU flagship 60k | Penfed Rewards 50k | Aviator Silver 52k
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@onstar wrote:

Like many hotel cards, if you stay at the Caesar's properties a lot, then this is a great card. If not, then not.

Don't stay at Cesar's properties at all, but the card is great beacuse of the high and rapidly increasing credit limits, and the 0% balance transfer offers several times per year that run for 12-15 month periods. Those perks in and of themselves are valuable.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.