Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preapproved offers from Citi

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Preapproved offers from Citi

Any of you getting pre-approved offers from Citi? This week alone, I got pre-approved offer letters for Exxon-Mobil / Citgo / Citi American Airlies / Shell. I wonder what is going on at Citi. I think they are trying to push more cards again.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Preapproved offers from Citi

Unless they have left the lending business or closed up shop completely like Advanta, a credit lendor makes money by lending money and annual fees/fees.

They still have to keep lending for immediate cash flow/interest accumulation.

Just because they have gotten picky/stricter they strill need to function.

So I am sure good customers with low risk models are getting offers.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:
Any of you getting pre-approved offers from Citi? This week alone, I got pre-approved offer letters for Exxon-Mobil / Citgo / Citi American Airlies / Shell. I wonder what is going on at Citi. I think they are trying to push more cards again.

Nothing for me yet.I even have a checking/saving and home loan with them.Im still getting a ton of HSBC crap tho...

But i am recieving e-mail asking me to apply for citi cards nothing pre approved...

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got an offer for an Exxon-Mobil card last week. I don't know what was better with this card, the best feature it got praised for (no annual fee) or the sticker it came with. Into the shredder it went.
Message 4 of 5
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I got an offer for an Exxon-Mobil card last week. I don't know what was better with this card, the best feature it got praised for (no annual fee) or the sticker it came with. Into the shredder it went.

Same for me!

Here we go again...
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.