tag
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Preferred Payment Due Date?

@Jungook wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@Jungook wrote:

Hmmm bring on the pain! Smiley Very Happy

but I think I've decided to just keep them the way they are and see how I handle it.

Also, can anyone answer the question if statement dates can be changed? or are they permanent from approval?

Statement dates usually follow the due dates, so you can't change your statement date without changing the due date.

Ah that makes sense. So if I change my due date to the middle of the month, my statement cut off date would follow and would the CCs then report the balances to the bureaus? 

Correct! For example, my Chase cards usually cut 3 days after the due date. So if I changed my due date to the 12th, my statement would cut on the 15th.

Message 11 of 16
Jungook
Regular Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@Jungook wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@Jungook wrote:

but I think I've decided to just keep them the way they are and see how I handle it.

Also, can anyone answer the question if statement dates can be changed? or are they permanent from approval?

Statement dates usually follow the due dates, so you can't change your statement date without changing the due date.

Ah that makes sense. So if I change my due date to the middle of the month, my statement cut off date would follow and would the CCs then report the balances to the bureaus? 

Correct! For example, my Chase cards usually cut 3 days after the due date. So if I changed my due date to the 12th, my statement would cut on the 15th.

Ahh! I see. I was worried that if I changed my due date to the middle of the month, my statement would still end at the end of the month and report a higher balance due to credit card use during the gap between payments and statement cut off. Now that I think about it, I feel very silly! Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 16
pip3man
Valued Contributor

All my due dates fall on the 21st & 22nd each month but for my Macys AMEX which is on the 15th. And it works perfectly for me, somehow I dread paying bills in the beginning of the month. Btw I have 11 accounts.

Message 13 of 16
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Jungook wrote:

What is the most preferred and logical payment due date?

We can't tell you what you prefer and I'm not really sure that logic is all that relevant unless the scheduling of your paychecks plays a part in decision making.  I don't care where my due dates fall.  YMMV.

Message 14 of 16
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Message 15 of 16
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@Jungook wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@Jungook wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@Jungook wrote:

Ahh! I see. I was worried that if I changed my due date to the middle of the month, my statement would still end at the end of the month and report a higher balance due to credit card use during the gap between payments and statement cut off. Now that I think about it, I feel very silly! Smiley Very Happy

What you want to do is only going to help to make it easier for you to organize your bills.  It's not going to help report lower balances for util purposes.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.