09Lexie

Re: Premature but Wildly Successful App Spree After Car Loan Pre-approval

Established Member
NewYorkGuy

HiLine wrote:

Awesome plan! Both the 4 new cards and the 1.9% APR car loan sound like killer deals to me! :smileylol:

Just wondering though, do you know why they didn't approve you instantly? Do you have something not completely favorable on your reports? :robothappy:

I have a ton of inquiries on my Experian which most of them pulled. I now have 16 inquiries on Experian after the spree, however a couple of them are due to fall off next month per 2 year rule. I also have a bunch of new accounts that I opened up last year ~ 9 in total. So I think the computer automatically flags my apps for further review due to those two factors.

The big thing in my favor is the fact that I have a clean report with no derogotory remarks. I have never missed a payment and my reported util is extremely low at around 0.5% out of credit lines totalling of $98, 000+ before the spree.

Valued Contributor
Epcot

Very nice spree, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 809 EX 774 TU 805
App free since 4/11/13
Established Contributor
scenery_guy

Nice app spree! I see you did recon call with Citi. Can you share what number you used for that call? I tried to recon a card earlier today and got a foreign call center, very scripted. Would love to try again before writing the EO. 

Established Member
NewYorkGuy

scenery_guy wrote:

Nice app spree! I see you did recon call with Citi. Can you share what number you used for that call? I tried to recon a card earlier today and got a foreign call center, very scripted. Would love to try again before writing the EO. 

Actually Citi wasn't really a recon. I got the pending message then I called the backdoor number the next day. I just couldn't wait for them to process the app on their own time. I think me calling definitely helped though. :smileywink:

Anyways you can find all the backdoor numbers that I used today here.

Established Contributor
scenery_guy

NewYorkGuy wrote:

scenery_guy wrote:

Actually Citi wasn't really a recon. I got the pending message then I called the backdoor number the next day. I just couldn't wait for them to process the app on their own time. I think me calling definitely helped though. :smileywink:

Anyways you can find all the backdoor numbers that I used today here.

Thanks bro, I will hit them up tomorrow. I got the "application received and we will contact you screen", assuming decline. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+