Did you mean: 

Premier Rewards Gold $100 Incidental Credit

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Premier Rewards Gold $100 Incidental Credit

@-Cal- wrote:

Thanks for sharing.

I've been thinking about APPing for this card but I've been waiting for some time to pass. Is the $100 credit a one time thing or will it be available for every year going forward?

Every year. New card benefit. AF also jumped to $195 from $175. 

Message 11 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please forgive my ignorance: I want to transfer my MR points to British Airways in the near future for 5 domestic flights (NY TO FL RT). On the AMEX link British Airways is not an option; can I select American Airlines since that’s the company I will be flying with but just using British Airways to book with? 

Message 12 of 43
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

Thanks for sharing.

I've been thinking about APPing for this card but I've been waiting for some time to pass. Is the $100 credit a one time thing or will it be available for every year going forward?

Are people at $175 grandfathered in or do they have to start paying $195?

Message 13 of 43
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Please forgive my ignorance: I want to transfer my MR points to British Airways in the near future for 5 domestic flights (NY TO FL RT). On the AMEX link British Airways is not an option; can I select American Airlines since that’s the company I will be flying with but just using British Airways to book with? 

Gift cards are redeemable online at www.aa.com or by calling reservations, for which an additional ticketing charge may apply and must be paid separately with a valid credit or debit card. Gift cards cannot be redeemed at airport ticket counters or through travel agents.

Can only use gift cards to book travel through AA directly. Cards CANNOT be used for in flight purchases like wifi, drinks, and whatnot. 

Message 14 of 43
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@-Cal- wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

Thanks for sharing.

From Amex Customer Service: 

"The annual fee would be increased for all the premier rewards gold account however you would have the option to opt out from this change in that case your card will be cancelled before the increase the annual membership fee gets charged .."

Message 15 of 43
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

Thanks for sharing.

From Amex Customer Service: 

"The annual fee would be increased for all the premier rewards gold account however you would have the option to opt out from this change in that case your card will be cancelled before the increase the annual membership fee gets charged .."

Thanks for the info

Message 16 of 43
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

https://rewards.americanexpress.com/olet/enroll?campaignId=br5v0615&offerType=afcgoldbr5v0001

The above is the link to select an airline to get your $100 incidental credit. Starts today, Even if you only paid the $175 annual fee (or had your fee waived this year). You also start earning 2x on restaurants. 

Thanks Amex

Already enrolled. 

totally going to end up getting 4 AA $50 GC credits (spaced out). That is the price of a day pass at an Admirals Club....so if any problems I will call and say that Smiley Happy. Wonder how long until credits post? My PRG was opened 1/15...LOL

Does anyone know if the $100 incidental credit will apply to gift card purchases?  

Message 17 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TrueGeminiNC wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

https://rewards.americanexpress.com/olet/enroll?campaignId=br5v0615&offerType=afcgoldbr5v0001

The above is the link to select an airline to get your $100 incidental credit. Starts today, Even if you only paid the $175 annual fee (or had your fee waived this year). You also start earning 2x on restaurants. 

Thanks Amex

Already enrolled. 

totally going to end up getting 4 AA $50 GC credits (spaced out). That is the price of a day pass at an Admirals Club....so if any problems I will call and say that Smiley Happy. Wonder how long until credits post? My PRG was opened 1/15...LOL

Does anyone know if the $100 incidental credit will apply to gift card purchases?  

I would like to know this as well. Also, if it's based on calendar year, can you technically use the $100 credit twice before having to pay an annual fee?

Message 18 of 43
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@TrueGeminiNC wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Thanks Amex

Already enrolled. 

I would like to know this as well. Also, if it's based on calendar year, can you technically use the $100 credit twice before having to pay an annual fee?

It should operate just like the amex platinum incidental credit. If you look on the internet on a forum that is about frequent FLYERs who TALK about stuff, you might find a lot of info about that (and I'm sure the new PRG one). 

And,it is per calendar year, you can use it this year, and then again in january without paying an annual fee if your annual fee is due, in say, febuary. 

Message 19 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@TrueGeminiNC wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Thanks Amex

Already enrolled. 

It should operate just like the amex platinum incidental credit. If you look on the internet on a forum that is about frequent FLYERs who TALK about stuff, you might find a lot of info about that (and I'm sure the new PRG one). 

And,it is per calendar year, you can use it this year, and then again in january without paying an annual fee if your annual fee is due, in say, febuary. 

With this I'm now up to $900 in AA gift cards and that's after using $300 on my last flight.  Now where should I go?  

Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.