Valued Contributor

Re: Premier Rewards Gold $100 Incidental Credit

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@TrueGeminiNC wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

https://rewards.americanexpress.com/olet/enroll?campaignId=br5v0615&offerType=afcgoldbr5v0001

The above is the link to select an airline to get your $100 incidental credit. Starts today, Even if you only paid the $175 annual fee (or had your fee waived this year). You also start earning 2x on restaurants. 

Thanks Amex

Already enrolled. 

totally going to end up getting 4 AA $50 GC credits (spaced out). That is the price of a day pass at an Admirals Club....so if any problems I will call and say that Smiley Happy. Wonder how long until credits post? My PRG was opened 1/15...LOL

Does anyone know if the $100 incidental credit will apply to gift card purchases?  

I would like to know this as well. Also, if it's based on calendar year, can you technically use the $100 credit twice before having to pay an annual fee?

It should operate just like the amex platinum incidental credit. If you look on the internet on a forum that is about frequent FLYERs who TALK about stuff, you might find a lot of info about that (and I'm sure the new PRG one). 

And,it is per calendar year, you can use it this year, and then again in january without paying an annual fee if your annual fee is due, in say, febuary. 

With this I'm now up to $900 in AA gift cards and that's after using $300 on my last flight.  Now where should I go?  

Buy AA miles and cash in on the on going bonus?

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 31 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@TrueGeminiNC wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

https://rewards.americanexpress.com/olet/enroll?campaignId=br5v0615&offerType=afcgoldbr5v0001

The above is the link to select an airline to get your $100 incidental credit. Starts today, Even if you only paid the $175 annual fee (or had your fee waived this year). You also start earning 2x on restaurants. 

Thanks Amex

Already enrolled. 

totally going to end up getting 4 AA $50 GC credits (spaced out). That is the price of a day pass at an Admirals Club....so if any problems I will call and say that Smiley Happy. Wonder how long until credits post? My PRG was opened 1/15...LOL

Does anyone know if the $100 incidental credit will apply to gift card purchases?  

I would like to know this as well. Also, if it's based on calendar year, can you technically use the $100 credit twice before having to pay an annual fee?

It should operate just like the amex platinum incidental credit. If you look on the internet on a forum that is about frequent FLYERs who TALK about stuff, you might find a lot of info about that (and I'm sure the new PRG one). 

And,it is per calendar year, you can use it this year, and then again in january without paying an annual fee if your annual fee is due, in say, febuary. 

With this I'm now up to $900 in AA gift cards and that's after using $300 on my last flight.  Now where should I go?  

Hmm, didn't think about that option

Message 32 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@TrueGeminiNC wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Thanks Amex

Already enrolled. 

Just checked.  Don't see any option to use GCs to buy miles

Message 33 of 43
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@TrueGeminiNC wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Thanks Amex

Already enrolled. 

Oh!..Sucks. You can try calling in and buying via phone. Maybe that'll work. I havent personally tried it though.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 34 of 43
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@TrueGeminiNC wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Thanks Amex

Already enrolled. 

Oh!..Sucks. You can try calling in and buying via phone. Maybe that'll work. I havent personally tried it though.

For what is is worth - be careful if you are purchasing a gift card and thereafter trying to combine it with another form of payment, particullarly flying on Delta.  I learned a few days ago that gift cards can not be combined with e-credits (compensation vouchers).  It is notated in the fine print.  I have a $500 e-credit with Delta that I received for an oversold flight.  I was hoping to purchase a $100 gift card with my PRG card and thereafter use in conjunction with the e-credit.  Per the rules, this is a no no.

T&C's

9.  Vouchers are not combinable with gift certificates, dollars off certificates, percent off certificates, or complementary travel certificates.

Message 35 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. Awesome !!!! Thank you for the post. I just signed up my PRG now. Thank you sooooo much. What a website. 😀😁😀😁😀😁😀😁😀😁
Message 36 of 43
jsucool76
Super Contributor

can't use gift cards to buy miles. gift cards can only be used to buy travel through AA.com

you can maybe use the PRG to buy miles and get $100 discount through the credit.
Message 37 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wish we didn't have to choose one airline for this credit. I fly both Delta & United and I had to choose one. But, I didn't even know about this bonus so I can't complain. But please explain this "gift card" thing ??? I'm not understanding this. I was under the assumption, probably incorrectly as usual, that this was a $100.00 credit for charges like seat upgrades, baggage, in flight drinks, entertainment, etc.... Please educate me. Thank you !!!!
Message 38 of 43
jsucool76
Super Contributor

it is meant for that, but some have success with gift cards. I'd suggest checking out flyertalk for stuff like that. should be at least one massive thread about the PRG airline credit by now
Message 39 of 43
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Used my PRG to purchase a beer and 2 snacks on a US air flight....charge never showed up on my card (this happened on June 11)....

Total was like $15 or something....and it wasn't on my statement either...idk whats up, but I don't mind. 

Not sure if it used my travel credit or what...but I never saw the charge. 

Message 40 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.